No announcement yet.

Field dressing in other states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in GA I don’t think I’ve ever seen one field dressed at the processor. He charges ten bucks to skin and gut so usually I’ll let him handle it if I can get it right to him
    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-26-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Ive got some news for you. They all do that!
      Not all but you need to pay a little higher price and your research.

Comment

Like said above, I’d guess half if not more, hunters don’t even field dress their own deer. We sell day hunts for does and spikes during doe season, we started charging to gut and skin and quarter deer because most people had no idea what to do and we got tired of doing it all for free.

Not to hijack the thread, but something else that seems odd to me is a lot processors won’t take an animal that has already been skinned and quartered?

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
          Here in GA I don’t think I’ve ever seen one field dressed at the processor. He charges ten bucks to skin and gut so usually I’ll let him handle it if I can get it right to him
          Even if it were free I would still be embarrassed to show up at a processor with a non field dressed deer.

Comment

i used to be one of those people that dropped deer off not gutted. I was younge and my dad did not know how to do but the processor was only 5 min from where we hunted. But i kinda just watched them do it and then started doing it my self and now i dont even gut the deer anymore

Comment

Man, I see that and wonder how that meat is going to taste. Maybe soaking it in ice water for a week would help after that But it amazes me how many kill them then load them on the truck, at, Utv and drive back to the camp or ranch house before they gut them. We either quarter them were they fall, or find a tree a short ways away strap them up and quarter them there. But heck we always have them broken down within minutes of recovering them, warped in game bags and in a cooler with frozen milk jugs. My dad would not have let me hunt if I treated them that way. Seriously it would have ended my hunting if he seen us do that.

Comment

Not Belleville Meat Market

Comment

I know and why I said I don't like processors. But that was the first time I ever had one actually admit it. A friend is a police officer and he helped this guy once with a violent customer. We all got free cuts after that, including jerky, sausage, etc. But even being free I did my own after that.

Comment

Killed a wholleeee lotta deer and haven’t gutted a one.

That being said, it doesn’t go to the processor, either.

Riddle me that??

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                      Man, I see that and wonder how that meat is going to taste. Maybe soaking it in ice water for a week would help after that But it amazes me how many kill them then load them on the truck, at, Utv and drive back to the camp or ranch house before they gut them. We either quarter them were they fall, or find a tree a short ways away strap them up and quarter them there. But heck we always have them broken down within minutes of recovering them, warped in game bags and in a cooler with frozen milk jugs. My dad would not have let me hunt if I treated them that way. Seriously it would have ended my hunting if he seen us do that.
                      Why does it amaze you at people gutting and quartering at camp?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                        Like said above, I’d guess half if not more, hunters don’t even field dress their own deer. We sell day hunts for does and spikes during doe season, we started charging to gut and skin and quarter deer because most people had no idea what to do and we got tired of doing it all for free.

"Not to hijack the thread, but something else that seems odd to me is a lot processors won’t take an animal that has already been skinned and quartered"?

I have asked multiple processors this.... If they are already skinned and quartered they jump them ahead of everybody else instead of being able to be hung in the cooler and wait their turn... Processor does not want to take the chance of the meat spoiling in the icechest. Some people are not the cleanest when quartering a deer..I/E on the ground in the dirt and grass..

Comment

NO, THEY ALL DON'T! Jr's in Wharton does YOUR deer and doesn't mix 20 customer's deer into one batch.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

Riddle me that??
                            Ditto....and get the tenderloins which I bet you do as well

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

Riddle me that??

Easy. You cut out all the meat with out gutting them...what do win.

Comment

I don't field dress anymore. Bone in the field. Takes 30min and less hassle.

Comment

Working...
                                X