Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marathon, Headwaters, Durafit seat cover fading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I know two folks with fading issues. Granted they have had them 4 plus years...So yeah..... not as quick as Durafit buddy which was two years but I’m trying to avoid paying double if they both are going to eventually fade.

I’m just trying to see how common it is.

Should read “not as quick as my buddy with Durafit which was 2 years*”

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      How hard was it to install that katzkin? I looked in to that myself.

I could get the leather covers for around $600. They wanted $1700 total at the local katzkin dealer for the same covers installed.

That’s a buddy of mines truck, he got the Katskins off EBay for a little under $600 and said the install took 2-3 hours but was not difficult.

Comment

I had a set of Marathons I purchased in 2004 for a Rubicon that I owned for 10 years.
        The jeep was used without the top most of the time, and the Marathons were exposed to blood, mud, snow, rain, red dirt etc. They were very durable and the factory seats looked brand new when I removed the Marathons. I would wash them at the car wash and they looked new again.They were camo. I purchased a second set for my unlimited Rubicon that I have now. They are black Kryptek camo. I cannot remember the wait time.

Comment

I went with Wet Okole. They were $5-600 and I’ve had them for 3 years. They are black in color, and aren’t faded but dirty as heck, haven’t washed them in 3 years. They fit pretty well, and are holding up fine. Putting them on the back seat was a pain. I think the wait time was 4-6 weeks

Comment

I ve had headwaters now for 5-6 years. Not one problem.

When you call them the owner talks to you, or did back then.

Install took a coupla hours. Follow instructions and its really easy.

Custom pockets are great for storing stuff,

Would recommend highly.

Can post pics later. Some kinda desert pine camo that matches my interior well.

$600ish

Most folks that get in my truck make a positive comment about their looks un prevoked.

Comment

My dad and I both have headwaters. Had them for 4 or 5 yrs and no fading and still are waterproof.
              Had a pair of hatchie bottoms for probably 7 or 8 yrs and they finally wore a hole in the drivers side. But faded over time.

The HW fit grear but are kind of a rough texture. If you ever get in the truck with no shirt on its not real comfortable. But you can pour a bottle of water in the seat and it will just puddle up and stay there.

Can't remember how long they took after order, been too long.

I also have the bow holder option and dad had the rifle holder. I wish i had done both options on mine. You couldn't carry a bow and rifle at the same time. But if you get the rifle holder installed a little lower than they normally do you would have the either or option (gun or bow)

Comment

FIL has had Marathons in his Tundra for around 5 years, and a little over 200K. The color has faded some on his driver seat and on the armrest cover, but the seats look new underneath.

I think he’s only taken them off once or twice in that time to wash them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Didn’t durafit go outta business?

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                      Didn’t durafit go outta business?

Website is still up

Comment

I had tried calling some months back and got this number is no longer available

Comment

I ordered marathon kryptek camo for my Tundra 3 weeks ago. Still waiting but should be getting close

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                            I had tried calling some months back and got this number is no longer available

OK...thank you... They answered an email from me this spring but that could be before you called. They were my leader until I was shown a set that faded in two years. Unless somebody can tell me that marathon/headwaters do the same.

Comment

I ordered a set the material is waterproof and fit real snug, I got a camp color and it faded in 10 months ! I called and spoke to someone who said get me some pictures I did and he said well send you a new set. I offered to send the old set back and he said keep them. I waited and waited then the website was down and no one ever called back , they told me they had a run of bad dye and would make good but nothing yet and this was last year

Comment

I ordered a set of Max 1 camo Headwaters for the GMC 2500 I had. I added a couple cell phone pockets on the center console piece and loved them. I wish I would have added more pockets if I had it to do over again.

I don't remember the wait time but it wasn't something negative or problematic.

Fit was perfect and better than expected. Install was simple. Just had to follow the directions, especially to know where and how to run the Velcro.

No sun fading at all. The bottom of the drivers seat looked more "worn" than the rest of the seats, just like any of truck seats do, from the wear of getting in and out. Nothing that I thought was odd or unexpected.

I would 100% buy from Headwaters again.

Comment

Working...
                                X