6V battery question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6V battery question

How many volts should a good battery be reading on my multimeter? I got two I tested and one reads 6.35 and the other 6.46. I fully charged these abount a month ago and have not used them.

Mine read about 7.6 to 7.8 on the volt meter when fully charged.

Comment

That’s plenty. You’re talking for a 6 volt feeder ?

I stopped using 6 and went to 12. But when I got them hot off the charger they’d get to 6.85 or so then settle down to 6.45 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Problem using a volt meter is they only tells you the voltage, it tells you that the battery is charged. But you need load tester to tell you if it will hold a charge. As long as it is over 6 volts, it will run whatever you need it to, but it may not hold a charge long

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
          That’s plenty. You’re talking for a 6 volt feeder ?

I stopped using 6 and went to 12. But when I got them hot off the charger they’d get to 6.85 or so then settle down to 6.45 or so.

Right on...In my ex 6v sq spring top batterys just dont hold enough and run down way too Quick..I had to add solar panel to get satisfaction...and or Buy Duracell or Energizer to get run time..But they HI!

like mike says Goin to 12 v feeders was good for me too...They throw farther too!

Comment

Yes, this is for a 6v feeder.

Comment

Anything over 6 is good. 6.5/6.8 is what mine read

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Let’s not forget, as batteries are recharged multiple times over multiple times spinning corn, they don’t charge back as high.

As someone stated, he gets 7+ volts. That’s certainly a fairly fresh battery.

Run the batteries down from use to below 6 volts or below 12 volts , they don’t seem to recover so well.

As also noted, 12 volt feeders are the real sheeeeet !

Corn casts in a bigger circle ⭕️ so when animals come in, you don’t worry about shooting a second animal by accident.

Everything is bigger and beefier on a 12 volt.

Comment

Working...
                  X