No announcement yet.

Nueces River flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile O.H. Ivie is STILL 30 feet below full pool.

Comment

Yea, don't think Amistad is doing too well now either... missed most all this rain it seems...

Comment

Crest is over at Asherton and now heading to Cotulla by Monday and Tilden by Tuesday

Comment

Update

Asherton falling but still in flood stage

Cotulla should crest tonight

Tilden will be rising for 2-3 more days

And Three Rivers rising fast. Probably has a good 5-6 days before crest.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Yea, don't think Amistad is doing too well now either... missed most all this rain it seems...
            Amistad has risen 8 feet since Labor Day. Now it’s only 30 feet below full pool.

Comment

My ranch is about half mile North of Nueces. A large creek the Tortuga goes thru my place. The river has gone up and down twice in the last 2 weeks and is supposed to go back up before end of week. Nueces pushed water back up the creek 2 1/2 miles into my place. It has been giving me fits and I for one will be glad to see a stretch of dry weather.

Comment

Wow, a lot of water in Texas and supposed to get more this week. Prayers to all affected by the water!

Comment

The latest graphs confuse me. Shows the river cresting in Asherton on Saturday but no rise whatsoever in Cotulla? That 27'-29' rise in Asherton is real close to me not being able to access my pasture from our camp. It backs up over the road to our pasture. It is a private paved road through the ranch but it dang sure can become impassable.

Comment

This is crazy how much rain we've had. I've been gone a month. We were coming off 12" of rain then. Now the lake is completely full and releasing water and still raining. The marsh in Nueces bay will be good for ducks this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      This is crazy how much rain we've had. I've been gone a month. We were coming off 12" of rain then. Now the lake is completely full and releasing water and still raining. The marsh in Nueces bay will be good for ducks this year.
                      I’d be down for a duck excursion, maybe cast n blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                        Amistad has risen 8 feet since Labor Day. Now it’s only 30 feet below full pool.
                        Wow, that's good for that country! Glad to hear that...

Comment

The marshes of Webb county are looking good for ducks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, our Webb county place has PLENTY of water!!! I don't generally call mesquite and huisache flats Marsh country, but it sure is right now!! One of my feeders has been in knee to waist deep water for almost a month!! I'd have never believed it!!

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                              The latest graphs confuse me. Shows the river cresting in Asherton on Saturday but no rise whatsoever in Cotulla? That 27'-29' rise in Asherton is real close to me not being able to access my pasture from our camp. It backs up over the road to our pasture. It is a private paved road through the ranch but it dang sure can become impassable.
                              Fake forecasting, lol
                              I guess they were predicting more rain from Willa. Thank goodness did not materialize. Just a small rise now. Looking forward to some sunny days.

Comment

Working...
                              X