No announcement yet.

Rancho Alto Bonito - 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This buck right here is my favorite. Junior. Been watching him since he was 2 1/2. He's grown into an amazing animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RanchoAB View Post

This buck right here is my favorite. Junior. Been watching him since he was 2 1/2. He's grown into an amazing animal.

Do you all see a big jump at 7.5-8.5?

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
        Do you all see a big jump at 7.5-8.5?

The peak we've observed in our deer is 7.5, but given a good year they can grow quite well from 7.5 to 8.5. Last couple of years have been good for us weather-wise so most, if not all, our bucks over 7.5 grew quite well. However, they're very susceptible to drought from what I've seen. Most bucks going past 7.5 during a harsh year rarely grow. They actually usually go backwards a few inches. That's what makes it such a big gamble to let a buck go past 7. To me, it's a no brainer, if the buck doesn't reach what i feel is his full potential at 7.5 he'll go another year no matter what. Just the extra breeding you can get out of him, regardless of antler growth, is worth it in my opinion. If he does grow well, it's an added bonus.

Comment

i have no idea why anyone still shoots 110 class 3 year olds.

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

Will be following, y'all have a great program in place. Enjoy hearing from our fellow brothers! Be safe, Peace Out!

Comment

Finally getting some much needed ranch time this weekend. Gonna build some new feed pens, fill feeders, and kill a few 12 packs of Sol! Not necessarily in that order [emoji23]. Pics to come on Sunday.

Comment

Had a very good and productive trip to the ranch this weekend. Got a whole lot done. Built a new feed pen, filled feeders, put up a new skinning rack, and put up an awesome, new blind! Deer are still eating protein and cottonseed like crazy. We need some rain ASAP as lakes are starting to dry up and the brush is doing the same. Good chance of rain for tomorrow, hopefully we get lucky! We also did quite good in the shed department! Found over a dozen, mostly small, but did find a stud shed off a buck named No Brows. Cowboy had found other side a few days earlier. Very happy to have matched the set. Saw quite a few bucks with antlers still in their heads. Hopefully they'll all be done shedding soon so we can get out there put in some miles looking for sheds. Got a few big sets out there that i hope we can match. Here are a few photos from our weekend!

Comment

Good stuff there, a few of us went down as well, fill feeders, yes hopefully we all will benefit
                    from the forecast Monday night & Tuesday for the rain! Thanks for sharing, will be following.

Comment

Was definitely a good weekend. Very productive

Comment

Any rain lately ?

Comment

Following along this year! Super envious of you guys down there in Mexico!

Comment

Any rain lately ?

Yes sir, finally got some rain this past week, 2" across the entire ranch. We needed it badly, brush was starting to look very poor.

Comment

Awesome. How far of a drive into Mexico are you ?

Comment

Awesome. How far of a drive into Mexico are you ?
                                30 min give or take..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X