Vehicle searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    Retracted because of time line You are correct.
    Thank you for all you do. Seriously. Don't know how you cops do it with all the outhouse lawyers. I'm from a family full of LEO, from Feds to local PD. I have learned a lot just sitting at the table listening. I hope some walk away from this thread with correct knowledge of the topic and continue being useful, productive members of society.
    Be safe Flyby and all LE.
    No harm no foul sir this is what forums are for.

Comment

Next time try this, it's foolproof- reach in your coat pocket for your shiney cell phone while yelling out- "no, I ain't gettin down on the ground."

Comment

Okay, I was reading and replying to these posts in the order they were posted rather than reading to the end.

As said, Rodriguez did change things, but was only a short time ago. Those of us in LE keep up with case law. Those of us in K9 keep up with K9 case law (ever heard of Terry Fleck?). You said you found out about Rodriguez because you have family in LE- perfect example!!! Your family keeps up with case law!!! The story told about waiting 30 minutes for a dog- any idea what year that occurred? Any idea if the officers had developed RS prior to calling for a dog? Do you know alot more about the story than what was told? If no on the above questions your conclusion (rights violated) is inconclusive and very possibly wrong.

While typing this you posted above....thanks for the support and I hope your family stays safe. I enjoy these discussions because there's so many outhouse lawyers....some on this thread....spreading false info. That false info spreads....and I have to deal with it on the street.
        Last edited by flyby; 05-16-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
          Retracted because of time line You are correct.
          Thank you for all you do. Seriously. Don't know how you cops do it with all the outhouse lawyers. I'm from a family full of LEO, from Feds to local PD. I have learned a lot just sitting at the table listening. I hope some walk away from this thread with correct knowledge of the topic and continue being useful, productive members of society.
          Be safe Flyby and all LE.
          No issues here. Good discussion and always happy to provide info.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
            Ok I will play. What about an open air search with a K-9?
            Originally posted by flyby View Post
            Okay, I was reading and replying to these posts in the order they were posted rather than reading to the end.

As said, Rodriguez did change things, but was only a short time ago. Those of us in LE keep up with case law. Those of us in K9 keep up with K9 case law (ever heard of Terry Fleck?). You said you found out about Rodriguez because you have family in LE- perfect example!!! Your family keeps up with case law!!! The story told about waiting 30 minutes for a dog- any idea what year that occurred? Any idea if the officers had developed RS prior to calling for a dog? Do you know alot more about the story than what was told? If no on the above questions your conclusion (rights violated) is inconclusive and very possibly wrong.

While typing this you posted above....thanks for the support and I hope your family stays safe. I enjoy these discussions because there's so many outhouse lawyers....some on this thread....spreading false info. That false info spreads....and I have to deal with it on the street.

Whats the latest on free air sniffs of homes? Our guys are no longer allowed to use them. Figured something happened. I left patrol 6 years ago and havnt kept up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
              bukkskins thread got this one rolling. I am not giving my input just yet. Curious to see what yall have to say in reference to a search of your vehicle.

Some of you seem to know a bit more then others. One hint. Operating a motor vehicle in Texas or this Country is a privilege not a right. Hope that helps.
              I hate that phrase. Driving my car is a right not a privilege. A free democratic govt/society does not afford privileges or rights. Our rights are guaranteed in the constitution as negative rights. "The govt shall not" not "The govt shall". Now it is a right that like most has been infringed upon through licensing and taxation by our ****hole govt but a privilege it is not. The thought process that the govt "allows" us to do something ****** me off so bad, makes me want to go all braveheart and ****

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Whats the latest on free air sniffs of homes? Our guys are no longer allowed to use them. Figured something happened. I left patrol 6 years ago and havnt kept up with it.
                No longer allowed. Supreme Court case that originated in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  I hate that phrase. Driving my car is a right not a privilege. A free democratic govt/society does not afford privileges or rights. Our rights are guaranteed in the constitution as negative rights. "The govt shall not" not "The govt shall". Now it is a right that like most has been infringed upon through licensing and taxation by our ****hole govt but a privilege it is not. The thought process that the govt "allows" us to do something ****** me off so bad, makes me want to go all braveheart and ****
                  Yep. Turn in your driver's license, tell DPS you don't need one. Spout this drivel every time you're stopped. See how that works out for you.

Show me where in The Constitution or the The Bill of Rights you are afforded the "right" to operate a motor vehicle on a public road (paid for by the people). The government has the right to appropriate taxes and build those roads, the government also has the right to regulate those roads.

Show me a court case that says requiring a driver's license to operate on public roadways is unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    And to be clear- driving your car is a right, on private property. You can drive across your front yard all you want. And your neighbors as long as they don't object.

Comment

Because I use Ozonics, they have yet to find any of my cocaine and it's literally out in the open. Thanks, Ozonics!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamshire View Post
                        Because I use Ozonics, they have yet to find any of my cocaine and it's literally out in the open. Thanks, Ozonics!
                        Good luck to you! You do know that in high concentrations it will kill you eventually, right? AND, since I know what ozone smells like I can articulate reasonable suspicion to detain and investigate even if my dog doesn't alert.

I know, you were being funny. Just letting you know we know these tricks and how to work around them. :-}

Comment

Show me where in The Constitution or the The Bill of Rights you are afforded the "right" to operate a motor vehicle on a public road (paid for by the people).
                          The Constitution and/or bill of rights doesn't afford us any rights. It guarantees our already God given rights.

Comment

No longer allowed. Supreme Court case that originated in Florida.
                            thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                              The Constitution and/or bill of rights doesn't afford us any rights. It guarantees our already God given rights.
                              Technically, it protects the rights the founders believed to be God given rights.....so we agree mostly. God didn't list the rights given in the Bill of Rights....or not all specifically. Yes, we are on the same page, my wording wasn't correct. Still, nothing in the Bill of Rights, or the Bible, that gives anyone the "Right" to drive on public roadways.

Comment

Technically, it protects the rights the founders believed to be God given rights.....so we agree mostly. God didn't list the rights given in the Bill of Rights....or not all specifically. Yes, we are on the same page, my wording wasn't correct. Still, nothing in the Bill of Rights, or the Bible, that gives anyone the "Right" to drive on public roadways.
                                I didn't enter the right to drive debate, left that up to you fellers to hash out. And yes, you knew **** good and well what I was talking about regarding the bill of rights.

On the dog subject. I refuse a search so the officer brings out Fido. What's to stop the officer from just sayin the dog alerted, even though he didn't, and getting his way into my truck anyway? The officer already wants to search because he asked, I said no so therefore the officer thinks I have something to hide so of course, the dog alerted!!

Comment

Working...
                                X