No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2017????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding rule changes for this year, I applaud them. Well done. They ensure does are removed and allow most hunters to get a chance at a buck.

Comment

For those that haven't been out there yet, allow extra time for check-in. They'll require you fill out all your information by hand and require your printed Bullis permit, hunter Ed card, license, vehicle and insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
        You can build a wooden platform if you like but a simple popup blind is what I use. As far as someone hunting with you, yes it is permitted but they must also get a permit which is free however they are not allowed to hunt. All of these questions are answered in the 2017/18 hunting rules under the hunting tab. Remember you are hunting on a Federal Military Installation so any hunting infractions will be enforced. Do not rely on word of mouth to get info on hunting Camp Bullis, read the rules. Another big change this year is the harvest quota, 4 deer and only 1 can be a buck and you must harvest a doe first. That means after you get your doe you can take a spike or mature buck over 13 inches inside spread but not both. In other words a spike will be your 1 and only buck you can legally take. Read and reread the rules because the penalties can be severe. Tom
        Thanks Tom for that info...I read the reg but it says temporary blinds. I was wondering if anyone had already asked that question to the people out at Bullis?

Comment

I have bow hunted on Camp Bullis for the past 28 years and the last 5 years have been messed up in one way or another using the JBSA drawing system. The biggest improvement this year is doing away with the kiosk computer sign in/out and relocating this process back to Outdoor Rec/Rod & Gun building where the game cooler is located and parking is plentiful. There are real people there also. I have some ladder stands that I use to use out there but according to rules are not legal now. Make sure all your equipment has your name and hunting permit # on them. Tom

Comment

Tom, I'm on your side. I think the temporary strap on ladder stands should be legal. I guess somewhere along the way some hunters have ruined it by puncturing the trees. I've seen great big beautiful live oaks with swimming pool ladders grown into them and make shift platforms put in. Looks terrible. I'm guessing the biologists just don't want to take the risk anymore with oak wilt and other diseases so prevalent.

Comment

Will There Be A Draw On 5Oct17

Will There Be A Draw On 5Oct17 or are all the stands done?

Comment

There should be something posted on the JBSA Home page but as of now, nothing. They should have posted the new 21 day availability schedule also but it's as if the hunting program is not a priority for them. I suspect all the stands/circles are claimed but can't say for sure. Tom

Comment

4years

I'm retired AF and ever since the AF took over it has been chaotic...

Comment

Tom, during the years you hunted, were there ever as few spots available as this year?

Comment

No, we used to have over 200 archery circles available to hunt and about 120 gun areas. That was up until about 5 years ago when Natural Resources Office took control of the hunting program from Outdoor Recreation Center. Actually it is now part of Civil Engineers. I expected it would become all archery hunting on Camp Bullis eventually. Too many people involved in decision making and safety is a top priority. Tom

Comment

O'l Andy is probably ROFLBO!

Comment

Just talked to Rustin and he said there was 1 circle left and would be updating the home page later today. He also said the 21 day availability would be updated also. Tom

Comment

And the suspense builds!!!!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Did he say which one it was

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

The JBSA home page now says all areas are taken. I guess that 7th person chosen on Monday finally responded. Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X