No announcement yet.

Thirteen Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well,, heck... The good news is you had some exciting hunting an learned a ton about hunting deer in their bedroom. Not to mention the whopper you watched your girlfriend smoke. Congrats to you and the other fellow if he got it done right. this is when the big boys start to mess up on a patternable basis..

Comment

Dang it! Hate seeing this for you.

Comment

Man that sure sucks, and I was just there last year. Keep your head up, another east texas stud will cross your path

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
          Ouch Brad. I always thought it was likely someone else was watching him also. The bruisers that no one know about don't happen often. At least you know the outcome. It is better than him disappearing and forever wondering and waiting for his possible return.
          Very true Jason. Not the ending I was hoping for but at least there is some closure..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
            Man, sorry to hear this brother. Tough luck, but you will get on another big one. With the time we put in, it's just a matter of time.
            Indeed. It sucks but then again it's also a huge weight off my shoulders. Just wasn't meant to be this time..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just wow.
              I know that you couldn't fit all the emotions in a boxcar right now however you have carried all of us along on numerous hunts and I hope you know that we feel some of the same letdown that you are. There WILL be other great deer in your future and I hope that you will let us tag along.
              Thanks again for the ride.

Comment

Dang man sorry to hear. At least somebody was able to take him hard to be happy for him as well but on the bright side better than him being poached or hit by a car. Congrats to the other hunter and hat off for your hard work and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aw man....I feel for you.

At least you can tell the story of how you stayed in the stand ALL NIGHT to have a shot at him. Maybe the neighbor will let you lay your hands on him and admire him....and that may provide more closure.

TBH know's how hard you hunted him and you did it the right way. Congrats on being a hell of a hunter in spite of this outcome.

Comment

Well crap!

Comment

It happens. Good deer.

Comment

Dadgumit!! I hate that for you, Brad

Comment

Dang it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                            see if you can get measurements... especially inside spread!
                            That is pretty low I don't doubt there is a sorry game warden out there that would like to confiscate if he didn't measure up.

Comment

Man, hate you didn't get to finish it out but it certainly happens that way sometimes! You put forth some great effort and strategy in going after him. Plus, this has been two of the best threads I've seen on tbh. Thanks for bringing us along

Comment

Oh man, I'm sorry you didn't get him yourself! I can tell you I sure enjoyed the excitement of your hunts that you shared with us!! I got a knot in my gut when I checked the thread just now and saw that it was not you that got him... I can imagine what a kick in the gut you got when you saw the pics... You may have not killed this deer but you sure as heck gained a lot of respect from us here for givin' 'er that good ol' college try and takin' the time to bring us along on the hunts!! I don't know too many folks who'd sleep in a dang tree stand all night for a chance at ANY deer no matter how big... Thank you sir for takin' us along on this ride. I pray God will send you one of his offspring that is even bigger some day!! Stay after it man!!

Comment

Working...
                                X