This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    All I know is we have Cooper and **** glad to have him.
    I hear ya.

Point being that both those players out performed Cooper last year and didn’t get a pro bowl nod.

Pro bowl selections don’t mean much. All-Pro selections mean much more IMO.

Comment

We’re sitting here talking about fixing the “wanna be” highest paid q.b. In nfl history......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He sucks...

[ATTACH]967860[/ATTACH]

I don't believe there's any way he asked for 40mil.
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-13-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          He sucks...

[ATTACH]967860[/ATTACH]

I don't believe there's any way he asked for 40mil.
          I do not believe he asked for 40M either, and the problem with these Dak stats is that he has to have all of the supporting cast to achieve them, without them he would be very very mediocre, if he gets paid 35M a year some of these stars will be lost in the near future. I know you think Zeke is not worth it, just plug in another back, it just does not work that way, Zeke is like 65 % of the offense. Just listen to all the players and coaches, the running game is a vital part of having a great team, the reason some of these other QB's do not need a great back is because they are great QB's, not even close to average. I hope Dak gets a contract that they both can live with, if not then I would go the Kirk Cousin's route, franchise him for two more years, it would only cost the Cowboys 65-70M for 3 years of service, draft another QB next year and try and develop him.

Comment

3-3 while he was suspended for being an idiot...Alfred Morris had better YPC.

He’s really good...he’s also really replaceable.

Comment

Honestly, at Dak's asking price so is he. How can we play a borderline top 15 QB anywhere close to even $35m a year? I don't think he signs for anything other then the top avg/year and IMO he isn't worth it for the level of play hes given us. Let him play this year out, then franchise him next year for anything over the 30m they already offered. That gives us time to see if he can make that next jump, but we better figure out quick if White or Rush has the talent or we need to start groming another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                Honestly, at Dak's asking price so is he. How can we play a borderline top 15 QB anywhere close to even $35m a year? I don't think he signs for anything other then the top avg/year and IMO he isn't worth it for the level of play hes given us. Let him play this year out, then franchise him next year for anything over the 30m they already offered. That gives us time to see if he can make that next jump, but we better figure out quick if White or Rush has the talent or we need to start groming another one.

1st, whatever contract he signs is going to seem absurdly high at the beginning, and will be cheap by the end. That’s just the nature of qb contracts, at least for the time being.

2nd, The franchise tag will be over 30 mil next year.

Rush, nor White can play.

Where do you propose they get the next guy? To draft one you have to get to the top of the first, and those guys are about a 1 in 3 chance of improving over Dak. See Rosen, Wentz, etc. 2nd round and later QBs are about a 1-10 proposition...that’s a guess but I bet it’s close.

Look at all the teams in the NFL who have swapped quarterbacks every 3-4 years for decades...I don’t want to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post

I’m good with this route. Make him prove it. Pay him later if he does. The salary cap will be much larger in 2-3 years as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I’m good with this route. Make him prove it. Pay him later if he does. The salary cap will be much larger in 2-3 years as well.

X2 I’d be searching hard for a replacement during this window wether via draft or another avenue.

Comment

The cowboys are going to pay more (overpay) for the players they want on their team this year.

Comment

Ok Dale, we all have opinions, we will have to agree to disagree

Comment

Just shows how good romo really was, I cussed him for years but he was a rare talent.

Comment

If Dak plays out the year without a new deal, is he a RFA?

Comment

No, but the Cowboys can franchise him for up to 3 or they can use the Transitional tag on him next year, not sure what that does for him or the team.

Comment

No, he would unrestricted free agent, but Dallas isn't letting him go anywhere. Franchise tag for QB is around $25m. Makes sense to tag him at least one more year without an heir apparent in the pipeline. He is an idiot if he doesn't sign before the season though, hes playing for $2m this year, if he lets that $28m go this season he will never make it back up.

Comment

Working...
                                X