View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #69
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Problem Child View Post
i cant wait to see your review on the Sony a7sii. im particularly intersted in the high iso and low light video recording. i would also like to hear your recommendatioms on lens for low low light videoing......other lens i was thinking about. not for low light situations was the FE 70 - 300 mm F4.5 - 5.6 G OSS and the EPZ 18 - 105 mm F4 G OSS.

also had my eye on the new Sony RX 10 III but i dont think it would take the low low light video im looking for for hog hunting under a red light. your thoughts ??????

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

I'm not really familiar RX10 series. It appears to be a fixed lens camera with large aperture (f2.8) lens. I'm not sure how the sensor handles low light.

Generally, the larger the aperture (smaller f-stop number) the better light gathering capability. Because of the usable ISO range on the A7s cameras, you can conceivably get away with slightly narrower aperture f4 instead of f2.8, for example) but faster is obviously better when it comes to low light. I also prefer a fixed aperture over the entire focal length rather than variable.

Zoom ranges will depend on your usage. If you're filming inside normal bow ranges, a shorter zoom will work in most cases. If you're wanting to get good video or photos at a longer distance, then you'll want a lens capable of reaching out a little farther.

I've only tested my A7sii a couple of times with the red light, but it (with 24-70/4) handled it well. I was able to crank up the ISO to focus on the hog without the light (actually I couldn't see it with my eye!) and then back it back down for the red light.

Here is a video illustrating it that I took a few days after I purchased the camera.

http://youtu.be/-rtGcMPOcfY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top