Tank Bow Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Bow Blind

Finally got started on our blind. Hope to have it ready to take out next weekend.

will have 4 12x36 deer view windows. We framed the windows with studs. Still working on our door plan. Used a grinder and masonry blade to cut the holes, along with a sawzall and circular saw. Got some super adhesive to hold in the frames, but will probably add brackets later on. Stuff cuts relatively easy but it's DUSTY!

Comment

Looks good. I have seen the doors done with gate hinges, swinging out with furring strips and frame utilizing the cut out as the door.
      If you go this route, cut the hinge side, then install hinges before cutting the other three sides.

Comment

I believe were gonna use a old wrought iron door thats already framed and hung. Will cover it with plywood or the piece we cut out. I'd like to build it out of the fiberglass, but our cutting skills are perfect

Comment

Lookin good

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

Looking good. How heavy is it?

Comment

Unless your going to elevate it, you're probably going to end up blocking off those windows. I have 3 12x24's on mine and I ended up putting chloroplast over 10 inches at the top to keep it darker in there. Still plenty of room to shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                  Looking good. How heavy is it?
                  ummmm. I don't want to think about that yet....

I can tell you it was hell getting it off the trailer by myself. We'll see how easy it is to load and unload at the lease.

Comment

l like it d

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                      Unless your going to elevate it, you're probably going to end up blocking off those windows. I have 3 12x24's on mine and I ended up putting chloroplast over 10 inches at the top to keep it darker in there. Still plenty of room to shoot
                      Yeah we plan on elevating it at some point

Comment

Brackets I made for the window frames. Gonna make a hasty door to get it out to the lease this weekend and install a more permanent solution later.

Comment

Comment

They really aren't that heavy, just awkward to handle. I elevated mine and my sons 5' and could almost raise it by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                              They really aren't that heavy, just awkward to handle. I elevated mine and my sons 5' and could almost raise it by hand.
                              I disagree...

Comment

Working...
                              X