No announcement yet.

DIY Bass Lake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has come a long way. Great job and happy days ahead.

Comment

Appreciate all the comments, and thanks for dragging this one back up. It is fun to work out there.

Lake is coming along well. Rain has the water cloudy, but hopefully it will settle out soon. Two weekends ago we added almost 1000lbs of crawfish. Didn't get too many pictures, but here's one of the bags we dumped in

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160227_210922_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	24436296

Felt weird to see a pickup bed full of mud bugs and not boil a one. Pretty good survival all in all, but the bags that we dumped straight into the water had bigger die off than the ones we spread along the bank and let them crawl in on their own.

I haven't fished the lake this year, but this monkey of mine caught a good one out there. He claims it is the lake record. We told him it wasn't a competition

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160221_123029_edit-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	24436297

Comment

Thanks for an update.
        Keep us posted I enjoy following

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
          Appreciate all the comments, and thanks for dragging this one back up. It is fun to work out there.

Lake is coming along well. Rain has the water cloudy, but hopefully it will settle out soon. Two weekends ago we added almost 1000lbs of crawfish. Didn't get too many pictures, but here's one of the bags we dumped in

[ATTACH]781253[/ATTACH]

Felt weird to see a pickup bed full of mud bugs and not boil a one. Pretty good survival all in all, but the bags that we dumped straight into the water had bigger die off than the ones we spread along the bank and let them crawl in on their own.

I haven't fished the lake this year, but this monkey of mine caught a good one out there. He claims it is the lake record. We told him it wasn't a competition

[ATTACH]781254[/ATTACH]

You guys throw some chicken fried steak in there too? Maybe dump a few wheel barrows of ribeyes out on the ground? I mean as long as we're dumping perfectly good food in the pond, may as well top her off with Keystone Light and Pendletons.....

That dog'll......fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            You guys throw some chicken fried steak in there too? Maybe dump a few wheel barrows of ribeyes out on the ground? I mean as long as we're dumping perfectly good food in the pond, may as well top her off with Keystone Light and Pendletons.....

That dog'll......fish!
            No ribeye's were wasted, but a few Keystones did get "sacrificed"

Comment

One of my favorite threads! Would love to do something like this. Oh and don't be mad cuz your boy has the lake record bro. Take it like a man.

Comment

Just read this whole thing. (Skimmed for pictures) coolest thread I've seen on TBH.

Comment

Don't know how I missed this one! You guys built an incredible fishery and will be rewarded with lots of giant bass one day! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                    One of my favorite threads! Would love to do something like this. Oh and don't be mad cuz your boy has the lake record bro. Take it like a man.
                    He has no clue what's in store for him. Gonna be a good ride for sure.

Originally posted by MatHalon16 View Post
                    Just read this whole thing. (Skimmed for pictures) coolest thread I've seen on TBH.
                    Originally posted by cwill View Post
                    Don't know how I missed this one! You guys built an incredible fishery and will be rewarded with lots of giant bass one day! Thanks for posting!
                    Appreciate it. Feel luck to work on it and can't wait to fish it later this year.

Comment

I saw where you said y'all didn't shoot ducks here in 2015, how about this year? Agreed on this being one of the better running threads on TBH

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Let me know how y'all feel about the crawfish in a couple months. I got the ok from my boss to do the same thing for some ponds at work, just waiting for them to get cheaper first

Comment

WOW!!!! Only in my dreams. Great job, I'm soooo jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                              I saw where you said y'all didn't shoot ducks here in 2015, how about this year? Agreed on this being one of the better running threads on TBH
                              No ducks from this one in 15-16 either. Never saw any good numbers on it either. Was a weird year in that area of the world with a lot of water all around, but this property has a couple duck holes that produce good duck numbers each season. We checked it often and hoped it would serve as a resting area, but never saw more than a few wood ducks on it.

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                              Very nice!
                              Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                              Let me know how y'all feel about the crawfish in a couple months. I got the ok from my boss to do the same thing for some ponds at work, just waiting for them to get cheaper first
                              Will do. Hoping to sneak out there and wet a line some time soon.

Originally posted by NYBowman View Post
                              WOW!!!! Only in my dreams. Great job, I'm soooo jealous.
                              I'm just the photographer, part time laborer, idea committee member, and cold beer conversion device. Owner did mention something about french benefits, but I'm not cajun enough to understand what that means.

Comment

Bumping this thread - how's the fishing been with it warming up?

Comment

Working...
                                X