Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ttt

Comment

Going to try my hand soon at sausage making. Gotta decide what to do on a smokehouse and how to go about this whole process.

Comment

Tried my first ever batch of breakfast sausage today. Went with a pre mixed flavor packet and a pork picnic for my first time. I forgot the ice water but hope it'll be okay.

Comment

Came back to this great thread as my PC crashed and I no longer have a copy of your recipes.
          Unable to download new versions. If possible can I get a new version please.

Comment

Well after reading all of the sausage making info on this site I haven't found anything about making dried sausage. I already cold smoke links to cook later, but really want to get to make dried sausage for snacking on in the boat fishing or if it lasts till the end of the year snacking in the stand. Does anyone have good info on this process or recipes?

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
              Since this is processed meats I added it here as well.

Here is my Father In Laws Jerky Recipe. I've always enjoyed it. I included Directions in the recipe. I've never made it before but is very good. I took his recipe and put it in excel format. You can change the weight to however much you need. On a guess 5 pounds or rub will be more than enough for 20 pounds of meat.

[ATTACH]22609[/ATTACH]
              Thanks again for all this info. Im about to make some jerky and just don't like the tase of liquid smoke. If I were to stack in regular webber style smoker and put a slow smoke just to infuse the smokiness would i have to add cure? If so is it Praug stuff? Thanks sir

Comment

Looking Forward to trying it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                  Thanks again for all this info. Im about to make some jerky and just don't like the tase of liquid smoke. If I were to stack in regular webber style smoker and put a slow smoke just to infuse the smokiness would i have to add cure? If so is it Praug stuff? Thanks sir

Prague Powder is cure.

You don't have to cure it per se. Old school Germans and much of the old world still dry with salt and spices only (even sometimes without salt), it's called biltong in Africa, machacado in Mexico.

Comment

Right on Mesquite!! Really appreciate all your work on this thread in making these goodies. Gonna try your jalap/cheddar sausage this week, Got it all prepped up. Just trying to find dry Japs. Mahalo again

Comment

I'm mixing spices right now for the Cheese and Jalapeno and the Spicy Pork and Venison. 25 pounds of each.

Comment

I tried to download the recipes in the first post and all that I get is gibberish. Has anyone else tried opening the links?

Comment

Tagged for later.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I'm tagging this so I can get back to this later

Comment

Gonna try ur recipe this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X