No announcement yet.

Red Fish on the Half Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t go wrong with any of these recipes! JUST DONT OVER COOK!

Comment

You've got lots of good advice for the fish, Only thing I would add is that my fav is over mesquite lump charcoal. Get it ripping hot, then put the fish on the grill and close the lid and let the temp slowly drop until theyre done (15-20 min).

I would always toss out a crab trap when I went out to the bay, and usually have 4 or 5 keepers when I was coming back to the ramp. Steam and pick em while the fish are on the grill, then make a simple sauce with lemon, garlic, butter and the crab meat. pour on top of the grilled fish and let your eyes roll back in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
        I remember having this on some cobia we caught. I’ve got some redfish on the half shell in the fridge ready to go on the grill tonight. Came on here to get some ideas and came across this one. Lookin forward to dinner!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Dang right. Y'all enjoy them half shells

Comment

When you cut the filets ,leave the backbone and ribs in one side....cook scale side down... When you can remove the backbone from the filet by kinda shaking it,it is done. Use a serving spoon to scoop out the flesh....squeeze a couple of Mexican limes over it...

Comment

Try this, you wont be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
              Italian dressing, Toney's and cover with Pico. My favorite way to grill it on the half shell.
              This is exactly how I do it.

Comment

Season with whatever, squeeze a lime over it, cover it with pick, grill.

Comment

We've always covered with mayo, parmesan cheese and tony's.. a guide told us to try this a few years back and it was awesome!

Comment

Half shell red fishes grilled right is tasty

Comment

fillets on the FrogMat
                      smoke roasted - indirect
                      with crab meat on top
                      Attached Files

Comment

Minced garlic, chopped fresh thyme, grated Parmesan, a little HEB coastal blend seasoning and butter. Cook over hot coals or propane grill until Parmesan is browned and meat is flaky. Squeeze of lemon and some Jamaican style rice and you will be the hero for the night!

Comment

yummy

Comment

Originally posted by BigDropTine View Post
                            We've always covered with mayo, parmesan cheese and tony's.. a guide told us to try this a few years back and it was awesome!
                            This works pretty well. I first had it with grouper and have cooked speckled trout, redfish and mahi this way. You can bake skinless fillets in the oven like this or use it on grilled halfshell fillets.

Season your redfish fillets with whatever you like. Tony's or the like works fine.

Mix about a cup of real mayo with about a half cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of finely minced onion, the juice of 1 lemon, some chopped parsley and then season it how you like. I usually add a little paprika and garlic powder. Mix all that up.

Put a couple/several big heaping spoonfulls on each fillet. I don't try to slather the whole fillet in a thin coat but just kinda run a thick coat down the middle of the fillet. I probably cover 1/2 to 2/3 of the fillet with it.

Put those on to grill. When done pull off the pit and bring into the kitchen. Have your broiler heated up. I sprinkle more fresh grated parmesan cheese over them and pop 'em in the broiler for about 2-3 min. Just until it is starting to brown good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                              Italian dressing, Toney's and cover with Pico. My favorite way to grill it on the half shell.
                              Tried and true right there. I like to make my regular pico and add some mango, pineapple, etc to it. It's pretty hard to go wrong with that.

Comment

melt some butter in a small pan with Original Pickapeppa sauce, top with pico and grill !!

Comment

Working...
                                X