Pathological Liars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post

Now as far as liars go. Does it include Toppers?
    You know the guy who always has to TOP your story with a better one.
    He did it better, faster, bigger, longer,wider, he paid more, he paid less, he has more
    Oh boy! I know a few of them
    I know several liars and several toppers. I always enjoy coming up with some semi-believable story when I see them just to hear how they are going to top it. Kind of like a game to me and its entertaining for sure.

For instance, the last one was one of my fishing acquaintances and I were talking about the previous weekend. This dude is known for making up crap. He asked me if I did any good on the lake last weekend and I told him I caught my personal best largemouth at 12lbs which is untrue for me. On key he told me about a 15lb largemouth that he caught out of his dads pond that weekend. When I asked if he had a pic as I wanted to see here he said no, when I asked how long she was he put his hand at just below his waist and said about 30 inches...I just laughed and said man thats a big fish

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Yep. I was playing poker with Ollie North, Willie Nelson and Magic Johnson when I got the call from Arnold’s people. I ended the game with four Aces and broke poor Willie. He had to have a benefit concert just to pay me off, but I donated it all to the Bill Gates Foundation, because I didn’t need the money because I was an original investor in Apple.
      That's awesome. I decided that fame wasn't for me a long time ago and put all my money into a trust for my son when he turns 25. Dave Ramsey is personally handling my assets, so that I can continue to serve my country abroad. The sacrifice is enormous, but the rewards are even greater. Tell Bill that Matt said Hi the next time that you see him.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
        https://youtu.be/_fDayiRTULA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Love me some Jerry Clower. That was one funny, funny man and a great story teller.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
          That's awesome. I decided that fame wasn't for me a long time ago and put all my money into a trust for my son when he turns 25. Dave Ramsey is personally handling my assets, so that I can continue to serve my country abroad. The sacrifice is enormous, but the rewards are even greater. Tell Bill that Matt said Hi the next time that you see him.

When the sacrifice gets heavy, just remember that you’re the one that turned down a promotion to 2-Star General because of your love of others. At lease that is what Donald told me when we were golfing at Mir a Lago last week.

Comment

when the sacrifice gets heavy, just remember that you’re the one that turned down a promotion to 2-star general because of your love of others. At lease that is what donald told me when we were golfing at mir a lago last week.
            lmao:d

Comment

Yep. I was playing poker with Ollie North, Willie Nelson and Magic Johnson when I got the call from Arnold’s people. I ended the game with four Aces and broke poor Willie. He had to have a benefit concert just to pay me off, but I donated it all to the Bill Gates Foundation, because I didn’t need the money because I was an original investor in Apple.
              Some people are unbelievable, I know for a fact this is a lie because my dads cousin handles all of willie Nelson’s finances. I have had the honor to spend countless hours hanging out with willie and he for as long as I have known him has never been a gambler. Willie always hooks my dads cousin up with back stage passes and the best concert tickets, he doesn’t really care to go to concerts so he gives them to me all the time. If anyone wants a couple of tickets I’ll be more than willing to hook you up with a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                I hate that every guy from Vietnam I meet was a sniper. I heard a guy telling the cashier at Gibson's in weatherford say he was a 2nd lt. Sniper in 101st ABN With over 200 kills. I just laughed it off as another woulda shoulda coulda.but i had to ask if he had ever heard of Carlos hathcock? He said qoute" name sounds familiar". Smh.

I will add that there was a guy I worked with but is dead now that would out do the best. That if it weren't for Connelly he would have been there for Reagan. He found 2 stainless 55 Chevy in the swamps of LA just changed the oil and gas and started right up. He played professional soccer in Italy and scored the winning goal in a high profile championship game. Had a picture of him and hank Jr sitting on hank sr Lap that he had misplaced. The biggest was he had made friends with a group of "skunk apes" and the cut each other's hands to make a blood oath to never tell of there relationship. He told anyone who would listen. RIP CUMBO
                Folks that feel they have to lie about events or inflate what happened or tell crazy made up stories get on my dang nerves.

Folks that lie about their military service to try to make themselves look like some kind of a hero are walking dangerously close to an azz whoopin' from this grumpy ol' Marine. It really pizzez me off as I've had the pleasure and honor of walking with and serving with REAL heros. It's infuriating to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                  Liars are insecure. They believe that the only way people will like them is if they have great stories to tell. Deep down they are tormented inside and feel worthless. I did a paper on it while I was in college and had it published in the Harvard review. Of course, it was published under my alias, so you will not find my name accredited to it, although I do get a substantial fee for my publications now. Using the alias makes it harder for my extended family to track me down and beg for money.

I couldn't find **** under the name My Alias in there..

Comment

I know a few! I have a brother that will tell me one thing today, then turn around and re-tell the story tomorrow and be completely different. I am not sure if he knows he is doing it honestly! I have been riding back from a hunting/fishing trip with him and he tells everyone on the phone and everyone we see that we caught more fish, or seen/killed/missed bigger deer! When we were young he would shoot at and miss a "12 Point Buck" every weekend! I have seen so many people look at him and in aww and almost look up to him, that is when it actually bother's be is when people can't see through the bull! He is also the same guy who can't keep any personal info to himself, he will pull the cat out the bag in a hurry no matter who it burns.

Oh, and boy if he makes a bad shot it is always the equipment's fault! I can't tell you how many BAD scopes, inaccurate bows, and just terrible bullets he has had!!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                      I have seen so many people look at him and in aww and almost look up to him, that is when it actually bother's be is when people can't see through the bull!

That seems to be very common. Some folks just can't see through the over-exaggeration, back patting, and shameless self promotion of a charalatan trying to create his own legend .....

Comment

Originally posted by 325to1195 View Post
                        Ex-wife #1, she'll lie to St Pete if she gets to the gate.
                        x2

Comment

An ex employee of mine. The kicker was that as soon as he was called out he got so upset he had to quit. Good riddance.

Comment

It takes a lot to get me angry, but pathological liars do a pretty good job of it. What really bothers me is when people know that the person is lying and go along with it, but then when I call them on their BS everyone gets upset like I'm being unfair. I choose to not associate with people like that or their friend groups.

Comment

Originally posted by 325to1195 View Post
                              Ex-wife #1, she'll lie to St Pete if she gets to the gate.

Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                                Curt...If these are all YOUR words. My man you could write spy novels
                                Incredibly creative.

Now as far as liars go. Does it include Toppers?
                                You know the guy who always has to TOP your story with a better one.
                                He did it better, faster, bigger, longer,wider, he paid more, he paid less, he has more
                                Oh boy! I know a few of them
                                We had a guy on a lease in San Saba we called the one upper bc he did a lot of this. One night at the campfire another hunter brought this up bf the one upper got there and made it a point to one-down him with each of his stories that night. “Oh you drive 80 on that road, I only did 70.” Etc. Was hilarious

Comment

Working...
                                X