No announcement yet.

Found an old indian camp...(pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know it's an Old Indian's Camp? Did you find the Old Indian?

Comment

Question for you Jonny...hypothetical! Excavating a camp ground is one thing and cool finds to be had,but if someone said they know of burial ground what would you do? I work in middle of U/T. land and you don't pickup nothing and I do know of camp grounds...have heard of co workers waiting till after rain to poke around it! So is it legal and would you go to the burial grounds to poke around?

Comment

Do you ever find bones? My understanding is that animal bones darken with age, but human bones stay white?

Comment

Nice recap brother. What's the combination to gate again.

Comment

cool find!

Comment

let's get todays finds posted. Snap Snap!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                Do you ever find bones? My understanding is that animal bones darken with age, but human bones stay white?
                I haven't stumbled across any human bones, just a few small animal bones. Brett did come across some old bison teeth which also had some bones mixed in with it. That's about it. This was out in the hill country out towards Leakey.
                Last edited by Johnny; 01-18-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Man thats cool johnny. I own a ranch in Zapata, co. actually its right on falcon lake and the name of the ranch is Los Indios meaning the indians my grandpa used to tell me thats where the indians would camp Hence the name, well anyways I find arrowheads all the time just by walking around and nice ones but there are chip mounds everywhere like the indians camped there and chipped away. Would you think those places would be good to dig for arrowheads? Never dug for them before

Comment

Originally posted by coogfan View Post
                    let's get todays finds posted. Snap Snap!!!!!!!!
                    I will shortly. In the mean time, check out this video. This is the one I was telling you about earlier.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                      well anyways I find arrowheads all the time just by walking around and nice ones but there are chip mounds everywhere like the indians camped there and chipped away. Would you think those places would be good to dig for arrowheads? Never dug for them before

Darn straight I do. I would start digging on the outer area of the mounds first instead of right in the mounds. Shoot me a pm and we can discuss this a little more in detail.

Comment

The ranch I hunt has several dry creek beds ... I plan on checking those out on my next visit...

Comment

now this are not burial mounds but where maybe a group of indian's sat around and chipped heads I mean how else would hundered of chips come together like that ?

Comment

Too cool!

You wouldn't happen to be kin to Indiana Jones would ya?

Comment

thats BEYOND waaaayy cool

Comment

Thats great, What do you do with all your finds?

Comment

Working...
                                X