Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool

Comment

Johnny, you and your kids are the findingest artifacters alive!

Comment

I have found heads on washed out roads in Soutn Texas

Comment

Really interesting. But why did you pick that exact spot to look? Access to water? Safety with an elevated position of the surrounding countryside?

Comment

very nice finds man!

Comment

You always seen to make trips worthwile when they appear to be a lost cause. Great finds Johnny.

>E

Comment

awesome find

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                  Really interesting. But why did you pick that exact spot to look? Access to water? Safety with an elevated position of the surrounding countryside?
                  I was wondering the same thing. Looks like it is right in the middle of a cow pasture?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    But why did you pick that exact spot to look? Access to water? Safety with an elevated position of the surrounding countryside?
                    2 out of 3 ain't bad Bill. This spot is up on a hillside that levels outs for a good ways. This is actually one of the highest points in the area. This hillside sits about 200 yards to the east of a good sized creek that runs through the property. I've noticed over the years that when this creeks gets high and spills out of its banks, it floods the low lying areas around it and sometimes beyond that. With that in mind, this ruled out any camps being right along the creek. They wouldn't want to set up camp in an area where they would get flooded out all of the time. This hillside seemed like the perfect area for a camp. It wasn't too far from water, it's a great lookout point and it kept them high and dry. I actually looked this hill side over pretty good during the summer and did a couple test holes but came home empty handed. I just had a good feeling that this hilltop would produce. We stuck with it and now hit a good camp.

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                    I was wondering the same thing. Looks like it is right in the middle of a cow pasture?

That's because it is. This high point (hill top) levels off and is a big pasture up top.

Comment

Thats awesome, congrats on the find.

Comment

I havea bunch of arrow heads that my dad found as a boy scout from the Adobe walls battleground. This area is now fenced off. I heard that it is against the law to sell Indian artifacts. Does anybody know if this is true?

Comment

Cool find!

Comment

Originally posted by ntevis View Post
                            I havea bunch of arrow heads that my dad found as a boy scout from the Adobe walls battleground. This area is now fenced off. I heard that it is against the law to sell Indian artifacts. Does anybody know if this is true?
                            I have never sold anything that I have found but I do know it is not against the law.

Comment

That is Awesome!

Comment

Those are nice. me and two of my friends found three yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X