Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright! I knew that was a deadly shot. Big congrats to you.

Comment

nice animal, congrats

Comment

This is great, my heart would not let my feet stay in the game on a lion archery hunt., can't wait to see more.

Comment

nice!

Comment

Very nice a waterbuck is on my wishlist. Awesome animals.

Comment

Wow, and I mean Wow! Congrats Micheal on another fine trophy. Hurry and put the rest on here. The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!

This is as good as reading a Capstick book and it has has lot more pics than Capstick.

Comment

After the high 5's and pictures, we loaded up the waterbuck and took it back to camp for the skinners to cape it out.

And now, one of the funnest parts of Africa, we were headed back out to hunt.

For this hunt, we were leaving the main camp and hunting a mountainous area that was absolutely beautiful.

For this hunt, we were particularly focusing on kudu, although.....you never really know what you'll see.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                  And now, one of the funnest parts of Africa, we were headed back out to hunt.
                  Absolutely one of the true major pluses of hunting Africa. The day is not done with one successful hunt!

Comment

Keep it coming Michael...over the top with the way you are taking us along...

Comment

What great Sunday read....keep it coming Michael you have done fantastic so far.

Comment

The blind we were hunting was some form of popup. It was brushed in as well as any blind I've ever seen. It had two very small shooting holes, one on the left and one on the right.

As we settled into the blind for the hunt and began the wait, I reflected back on my previous few days of hunting and how enjoyable it felt to finally be here after so long of planning.

It was quiet for a pretty good while, but a troop of baboons came in and man, what a show! They pass the time faster and are probably more enjoyable to watch than any other I witnessed all week.
                        Attached Files

Comment

i bet getting his tail cut off hurt

Comment

Watching the baboons past the time like you wouldn't believe. Before I knew it, it was almost dark when I noticed three kudu bulls coming in from our right. The smaller of the three came in while the other two stayed back.

The first one, while nice, was nothing like the other two. The other two were very big, mature bulls, extremely smart and weary. They stayed out of range and waited for the cover of darkness.

Complete darkness eventually arrived and the tracker came to pick us up.

Here's a picture of the smaller kudu that did come in.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Big Spec,

That one became known to us as Groutchy Bstrd....he constantly seemed agitated, always fighting and chasing off others.

He appeared to be second in command however to a much bigger and more dominant one though.....although a little foreshadowing here, I guess he's back in charge now!

Comment

This is one of the cooler threads I've come across. Thanks for taking the time while you were out there to take the shots and I'm sure make some notes. Keep it coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X