No announcement yet.

Hagerman 2017 seg a roll call and live hunt thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man you guys had a tough hunt this weekend. B is setting up to be really good. Dark moon and nov 17 not sure if it can get better. Now we just need some cooler weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Of all the hunts I've drawn there Godwin has always been in the rotation and it always had the least hunters by a good margin, and oddly enough I never recall a good buck coming out of there.

Comment

Hagerman Godwin Unit

Good to meet the guys all hunting Godwin unit. Good luck hunting the rest of the year.

Comment

Congrats on a good buck. Nothing better than a hard won trophy.

Comment

Awesome deer and awesome summary. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              Man you guys had a tough hunt this weekend. B is setting up to be really good. Dark moon and nov 17 not sure if it can get better. Now we just need some cooler weather.

Big boys are going down in B. I bet conditions will be perfect. Looking forward to following that thread!

Comment

Congrats to all who hunted, tough conditions (moon, temps, etc)

Looking forward to Seg B

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  Like I said, just messin wit ya!! lol

When I shot my buck up there it was in the upper 20s/lower 30s, texting with left hand and was shaking leaves out of the tree.lol I had no idea what I was typing...
                  We still don't understand what you type most of the time.

Congrats sweetinlow! Great buck!

And a good job by everyone else. It's a tough hunt and y'all done good.

Comment

So any word on final harvest count and which units?

Comment

I havent heard of the total kills.
                      This was my 9th or 10th time to hunt the refuge and I'll say without a doubt it was the hardest hunt yet. I spent a total of 39 hours in the stand and saw 0 deer. Looking back, i probably should have moved (we had 8 other trees picked out as back-ups). The main reason I stuck it out in the same stand was that on Thursday, while hanging the stand, a super wide 10 point strolled by at 30 yards. He never spooked, he just calmly walked through. I really felt i had to stay in that spot just in case he came back. The wind was never consistent for more that 5 minutes. It blew out of every direction but straight up! Even though I struck out this time I had a blast and had the opportunity to meet a couple of fellow TBHers. FND and Chris are some good guys! Hopefully the B and C guys will have better conditions.

Comment

Man I️ hate the cards y’all were dealt. My last hunt was 2013 during the 8” sleet storm. Those were pretty misersble conditions as well

Comment

So the landowner said you could blood trail on his property but no tracking dogs?, don't get that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo View Post
                            He’s a dandy! Y’all stay till the last minute!! Wouldn’t hurt to throw up a lawn chair 100 yards from the road near a trail. Just sayin.

Speaking the truth...... 2014 Seg C. We are due, hope to see you at the "H" in 2018

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
                              Speaking the truth...... 2014 Seg C. We are due, hope to see you at the "H" in 2018

Ditto! Hope to see us both drawn next year! We’ll top our last hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                So the landowner said you could blood trail on his property but no tracking dogs?, don't get that one...
                                I don't know if that was the case. I think the H said no. I think the problem was that no dogs were available. But I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X