Cz 527 carbine 7.62x39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cz 527 carbine 7.62x39

Anybody have one and how are they shooting? Been wanting to add one toe the collection and love the 527 line just curious if anybody else is running one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad has one. Shoots pretty dang good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

May I ask the purpose behind it? Use and set up? I have some experience with just about everything bolt action 7.62x39.

Comment

I want one in 223. The youtube videos I’ve seen portray them as accurate shooters. They are beautiful little guns.

Comment

My 527 is a .223 and man that thing is my favorite rifle. It shoots very well and has killed a pile of critters.

Comment

I bought a 527 action and am adding a Lija barrel and a Boyds stock. I like the what we call the Mini Mauser action. If I can find another I'll build a 223 on it.
            Last edited by BowCrazy; 10-08-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
              May I ask the purpose behind it? Use and set up? I have some experience with just about everything bolt action 7.62x39.

Would be the perfect little run around truck gun with a 1-6 scope on it

Comment

Yall all have the carbine version? I love my varmint .204 just curious how these 7.62 rifles shoot

Comment

Heard nothing but great things about them, I want one. Cheap to shoot

Comment

Had one for a couple weeks 2 years ago until I took it to the gunsmith. When it left his shop it had a new barrel, pillar/glass bedded and shoots better than I do.

Comment

So I think the CZ is very well made. And it looks the nicest. It's the only one of the 3 that has iron sights. I dumped my 30-30 so keeping the Czech iron sights. I like the Ruger do to the short threaded barrels. But the action is rough and the barrel looks like crap. But it has the best mags. But overall the Howa wins. It's cheaper the action is smooth nice trigger and honestly I think it's going to shoot the best of the 3. And if your going to scope it might look at the Howa.

Comment

The 7.62x39 makes a nice carbine and cheap to feed.

I have 527's in .204, .223, and .221 and really want a 6.5 Grendel. Was going to build one off a 7.62 action but now that CZ offers the Grendel I'll just get one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                          The 7.62x39 makes a nice carbine and cheap to feed.

I have 527's in .204, .223, and .221 and really want a 6.5 Grendel. Was going to build one off a 7.62 action but now that CZ offers the Grendel I'll just get one of those.

I started to ask about the grendel but ammo availability worries me

Comment

Ammo for the Grendel is getting more common. Federal makes 3 loads for it Hornady at least 3 and Wolf a couple steel cased loads that can be had for around $6 for a box of 20. More to come. Alexander Arms also sells something like 6 loads for the Grendel. As a handloader I rarely shoot the factory stuff though. You will not see Grendel ammo in as many stores but online the ammo is easy to find.

Something even in the little CZ 527 recoil is noticeably less than a 243 yet with the 22 inch barrel the 243 and 6.5 Grendel run pretty much equal energy figures. Trajectory is very similar to the 308. Howa also chambers their mini action in the Grendel.

The Howa barreled action in a LSS chassis which uses AR type buttocks would make for a great light weight truck gun or first centerfire rifle for youth that would just grow right along with them and kill any deer, hog or coyote further than most of us should be shooting.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X