City Services opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
    The man was just asking a simple question and you all dog piled him. Pretty narrow minded points of view all the way around!!!!!
    Asked question recieved answers? What's narrow minded?

Comment

Compose a song to sing at the next council meeting. They respond well to that.

Oh... and wear a costume.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
        The man was just asking a simple question and you all dog piled him. Pretty narrow minded points of view all the way around!!!!!

Read the title again... OPINION

your post didn't exactly offer much either

Comment

A whole lot of Oh snap crackle and pop going on up in here.

Comment

TBH dog pile... No way.

Comment

This is always a gripe with some of the folks that own vacation homes in Ruidoso. They may only occupy the home a few weeks a year but are required to pay for services year around.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
                There is no easy way to make house holds pay different amounts for trash pickup. The administrative effort to keep and maintain the system would make your garbage pickup more expensive than it already is.
                The exact reason.

Comment

Maybe see if your neighbor will let you put your trash in their can and you pay them a portion of the cost?

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                    TBH dog pile... No way.
                    Lol...for real. 2 or 3 good replies with various opinions then all the TBH-book drama kings!

Comment

That's how it is in Fort Worth. The only reason we pay more or less is how many trash/recycling cans you have and their size

Comment

I just want to know how in the world you live in a house for a month and only fill the trash bin once. We have one if the 90 gallon (or 95, whatever it is) bins and usually have to smash it all down just to get it all in there every week. It's just me, my wife and my son. And, I'm hardly ever there.

Comment

I have the same issue except I usually have more trash than will fit in my can.

Can I bring my extra thrash to your house and drop it off?

Comment

Your paying them to be available once a week or however often they come.
                            It's alot easier to hit all the spots then remember who wants it on certain days. Or cancel and find an Individual who will pick up once a month.

Daycare sucks the same way we pay for the "spot" so someone else doesn't take it. Doesn't matter if my kids there 1 day or 5 it's the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                              Lol...for real. 2 or 3 good replies with various opinions then all the TBH-book drama kings!
                              Curious to hear your recommendation?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                                Curious to hear your recommendation?
                                That folks could opine on a subject without having to cut somebody down for asking a question.

Tryton prolly summed it up the best as far as costs. Even if there was a different bin for bi-week or monthly pick-up, the truck still runs the same route. They're not gonna offer something that cuts their profit..and they know you want your trash hauled off, lots or little. If it's not tied to his water bill and the city would let him cancel it(as already mentioned), I'd try that and share with a neighbor.

I live a couple miles out and have about a dozen neighbors. Asked the trash co. about putting a dumpster out here for us all to share(instead of 12 stops with a bag or two) and got a big ol nada...wouldn't even consider it. Less profit.

Comment

Working...
                                X