City Services opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Services opinion

I recently sold my lake house, and moved to Eastland.
    Relatively, a small town. Well, here's my question.
    I now have a water bill, as well as a trash pick-up bill.
    Water bill is determined as to how much you use.... I get it.
    But, everybody pays the same for trash pick up.. Provided, you only have one trash bin. Which I do. They pick up every Tue.
    I only need my trash picked up once a month.
    But, I pay the same as the guy who "needs" it picked up every week...

That seem fair? Or am I missing something...
    Somebody, talk me off the ledge...
    Thanks.. and try not to trash me.....

Who cares? Just pay it. It's a service you need. You are paying for one bin just like everyone else. Nothing unfair about it.

Comment

Well they will come by every week just to be sure you don't have any....pretty nice, huh?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

Life's not "fair".

DJ

Comment

A hamburger will be the same price at Sonic with or without cheese as well. You will survive.

Comment

You can cancel the trash pickup altogether and save your money. Throw trash in someone else's can as they don't mind paying for their Trash pickup. Alot of the American public enjoy services that other people pay for.... Yes,you are making too big a deal out of it. Either burn your trash or pay your bill.

Comment

How much is your trash pick up?

Comment

Sounds like the city and the trash company are teaming up to steal all your $$$. I would go in front of the city council if I was you... Lol

Comment

I have pick up twice a week and always have at least one bag. I don't know how i could do it once a month.

Comment

The man was just asking a simple question and you all dog piled him. Pretty narrow minded points of view all the way around!!!!!

Comment

There is no easy way to make house holds pay different amounts for trash pickup. The administrative effort to keep and maintain the system would make your garbage pickup more expensive than it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                        The man was just asking a simple question and you all dog piled him. Pretty narrow minded points of view all the way around!!!!!
                        LOL..................are you new here?

DJ

Comment

I understand your frustration. It kinda goes along with the tens of thousands of dollars I've paid in school taxes over the years, except I don't have kids!

Comment

Put your empty bin out every week.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                              I guess you could say that; however, one could argue the OP's question in and of itself came from a narrow minded point of view.

Comment

Working...
                              X