No announcement yet.

Anyone hunt Unit 31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not trying to "lock horns" with you blackpowder guys,but I sure would like to see LBJ Grasslands go to archery only AND adopt the antler restrictions.Might take 4 or 5 years,but I think the hunting would be unbelievable if that were to come to pass.

Comment

I don't particularly care about LBJ going to archery only. It's plenty big for shotgun\blackpowder. I don't care whether they go to the antler restrictions either. There's plenty of big deer there, we've all seen them and because of the hunting pressure they are under, they are wary!
      And that is what makes us better hunters -----having to figure them out to score!
      It's either that or dumb luck when we bag one!
      I'm not even saying that public lands hunters are better than all the others....it's just we work harder and I also think we appreciate the score in a different way!

Comment

AMEN brother Pat. I feel like you do, it is hard work getting close to a LBJ buck, but when one finally goes down under your bow or gun, it is truly a great trophy. Sometimes I wish they would go with restrictions on the antlers, I saw a few nice sixes last season that would be fine bucks this season. But if they don't I know one will fall from the arrow or bullet of one of the fine hunters out at LBJ.

Dave you and Toona are one of the fine hunters I am referring to. We need a hot weather extreme LBJ hunt, what ya say? Might find a pig or two since we have had all this wet weather, if not tree rats and fish will be the main course.

Comment

Working...
        X