No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive only been hunting Whitney 3 this will be my 4th year out there. So others would be more knowledgeable than I,just saying things Ive read in a few posts within this whole thread

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
      In the last 3 years out there,Ive yet to see a single snake. Im 110% sure they are there, but I stll wear snakeguards till first couple freezes and always watch where I step no matter the time of year. Now watch I say,I aint seen 1 out there in 3 years Ill find one this season lol
      Just hope its going the other way or its a Ratsnake,Kingsnake or another cool non venomous one,Im the odd one that loves snakes. What woud be awesome to find eould be a Horney Toad. That would make my season

I walked up on a water moccasin on one of the river units during turkey season. It was also 80 f.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jdunn6092 View Post
        I walked up on a water moccasin on one of the river units during turkey season. It was also 80 f.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yikes!

Comment

Got some scouting done this weekend and deer look to be in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by stanton-77 View Post
            I am not asking for specific areas but from the surveys it seemed like the most hunted compartments were right outside the state park at Whitney. Has anybody had success on H-7 or seen a lot of deer? Is there slot of people accessing some of these spots from boat?
            H7 has deer even some nice ones I hunted there a couple times last year and ran my camera there a bit got a few good pictures of does and while scouting I found some nice big tracks. The problem with it was that it’s a real pain to get the boat set up and get out there in the early am. I haven’t decided if I want to try again this year.

Comment

I'll be out there this weekend to scout out a few spots here and there.

Comment

Hey Storm, GPS coords, and I send you some on the bass I caught, and almost caught this past weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Hey Storm, GPS coords, and I send you some on the bass I caught, and almost caught this past weekend?
                  How about I tell you where I saw them. Texas

Comment

Comment

I went out to the lake on Saturday. I can confirm it is hot and there are things to be seen. That is all.

Comment

The bloodweeds and ragweed should be looking good!

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          OK, the 12th Annual Celburne Get-2-Gether will be August 11th (just don't get the 11th and 12th mixed up ). And probably start around noon as has been in the past. I haven't confirmed a location as of yet. But will before I announce a new thread on it in the Around The Campfire forum.

The new 2018-2019 season thread will start that same evening or shortly after, as tradition has it.

Dang! I made a mistake!

The new date will be Aug 18th, not the 11th.

My bad. Just realized what I had done.

Comment

Dang I won't make the meetup this year then. That's my last day in Destin fl

Comment

I used to hunt this place years ago. I moved far away from there but I sure do miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Dang! I made a mistake!

The new date will be Aug 18th, not the 11th.

My bad. Just realized what I had done.
                                It took you long enough to check your dates and it's just a few days from renewal of permits.

Comment

Working...
                                X