Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
    Dont think so but double check with county commissioners office see if WILCO has the 10 Ac rule. The rule your looking for talks about discharging a firearm on less than 10AC and will go on to call even archery equipment a "firearm". That would stop you from hunting or even target practice.

https://georgetown.org/2016/01/15/we...-city-and-etj/
    Thanks for info I called commissioners office and they directed me to Sheriff's Office ..the deputy told me that Wilco has not adopted the 10-acre rule and it is legal for bow or firearm as long as the projectile doesn't leave my property... but according to the link you sent I need to make sure I'm at least three and a half miles outside of City Limits I guess

just checked...looks like I am in the etj zone...
    Last edited by Danimal14; 09-18-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Danimal- everything is always for sale- I know a 12 acres lot with a barn and 4000k house that is for sale. Ill throw in a feeder with 11 bucks at it every day and evening right now.

Any pigs or turkey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Russell park

I hunt down near Russell Park and had a guy on camera wandering around my feeder and stand. I am well off any walking paths so just keep an eye on your equipment. I have locks on all of my equipment. Not sure what he was doing but hung around for about 15 minutes. I have a picture of him but not sure how to post it. I have been hunting the same spot for 3 years and have never had anyone on camera.

Comment

Just checked cameras and last 3 days deer have gone 100% nocturnal. First that has happened since I put camera up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Originally posted by jhmiller91 View Post
            I hunt down near Russell Park and had a guy on camera wandering around my feeder and stand. I am well off any walking paths so just keep an eye on your equipment. I have locks on all of my equipment. Not sure what he was doing but hung around for about 15 minutes. I have a picture of him but not sure how to post it. I have been hunting the same spot for 3 years and have never had anyone on camera.

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
            Anyone know this guy? He trashed my set-up!!!

Look Anything like this guy??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post

No. Its not the same guy.

Comment

Going out Saturday morning to check on things. 10 more days. It feels like Christmas.

Comment

Mr ponytail!! He's not at it again is he?

Comment

I moved so I wouldn't have any issues with this guy again. I'm not getting a lot of doe pictures though some okay bucks nothing impressive, but I'm more interested in the does anyways I love venison. Hoping they start to show up more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                        I moved so I wouldn't have any issues with this guy again. I'm not getting a lot of doe pictures though some okay bucks nothing impressive, but I'm more interested in the does anyways I love venison. Hoping they start to show up more often.
                        Have you checked your camera last few days? All of a sudden mine have gone nocturnal about 4 days ago. They were pretty predictable last 60 days.

Comment

That usually happens around the time they rub off there velvet so I am not surprised at all. I checked it on Sunday and it was 75/25 night/day pictures which was pretty good but I suspect it to change or has changed to 90/10 or so give or take 5percent

Comment

Agree... My experience is that they get very sensitive to 90+ degree days this time of year. It's been a hot week.

I think most cams would show a move to predawn/postdark.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Its all acorns right now. I have about 20 deer that come into the yard every morning and evening. They are still around and still eat the corn but do so when they are near it only. They are just eating acorns and there are a lot of them on the ground within the last week. The opening of the season will be slow and it will get better toward the end of October and early November.

Comment

There is not just one reason the patterns have changed. Hormones change, batchelor groups will begin to break up soon. Tempatures are still warm and winter coats are starting to grow so cooler night tempatures are more bareable. The fall crops are all beginning to ripen including acorns dropping, although they are bitter and less sought after right now. The further we get into fall the riper the acorns will get making them more and more sought after. Not to mention next weekend is opening weekend and the increased human presence and hunting pressure will also play a role in less daytime movement. All of these factors play a role in these pattern changes and are part of making the whitetail deer so hard to hunt, but also makes it more fun as you piece the puzzle together and figure out what these animals may or may not do next. Shoot straight, make ethical shots and good luck to everyone next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X