Euro process question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro process question

if I put salt and pepper and onions and garlic and celery in my euro boil water to make it smell like I am making a stew or stock, will that mess up the bone?

also, if it is fresh and the hide is off, could you eat the meat that is on the skull once it boils off?

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
        Seriously?
        yes this is a serious question. I could just tell my neighbors to go **** themselves but thought this might be a better solution.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
          also, if it is fresh and the hide is off, could you eat the meat that is on the skull once it boils off?
          The question is not "CAN" you, the question is "WILL" you?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon M. View Post
            The question is not "CAN" you, the question is "WILL" you?
            if it is edible, there is a good chance. I have eaten the meat off pigs head many times. figure deer meat is deer meat same as pig meat is pig meat.

Comment

Sure you can eat it if you got it skinned and cooled down right away

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                Sure you can eat it if you got it skinned and cooled down right away
                thanks.

Comment

Heck ya! Meat is meat. Barbacoa is cheek meat, right? I’ve actually thought about it as I boil heads, too.
                  Let us know how it turns out. I suggest tacos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Times are not that tough but to each his own

Comment

Don't forget the potatoes

Comment

Has anyone ever left their head on an ant hill or out in the woods to let mother nature take most of the meat off? I shot a coyote opening morning and checked on it 2 weeks later and it was nothing but hair and bones. Skull was picked clean! Of course it was a warm November so lots of bugs still out. I'm trying it with a buck I harvested last weekend.

Comment

Sooo...lemme get this straight.
                          You want to add food ingredients to your skull boil as to not waste the meat of the head?
                          OR
                          Just trying to make the smell more favorable to your neighbors while you boiling the skull?
                          Because it does stink when you boil skulls.

I would think adding food to the boil could mess with the color of the skull.

Comment

Vegetables contain compounds that produce colors. Celery has chlorophyll and carrots have beta carotene, peppers and other colored plant parts are the same way. These will probably alter the color of the bone. Also, I dont know if I would be eating the nervous tissue of a deer, in this case the brain.

Plus, my technique for cleaning a skull includes large amounts of dawn dish soap and baking soda, along with frequent water changes as grease accumulates on top. Not really conducive to soup making. Ive always made the joke of calling it deer head soup, but never really thought anyone would want to eat it.
                            Last edited by Bucksaw; 12-14-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I mean I guess you could eat it. Heck!! You CAN eat anything. Generally when I. Oil my heads I add dawn dish soap to it to help cut the grease. So if you do that was well I would think it would not taste very good. But having never tried it let me know if you decide to eat it how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X