My new Grayson Co property!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys here is an update.

So far I have 12 cameras 2 are Coverts running for 2 weeks now. I have 7 diff bucks and 9 or does best I can tell. I think most of these deer bed to my East and I have found out the two immediate properties to my East including the Maran oil field is not hunted. I did get permission to hunt a small section of my Northeast neighbor. I have found countless rubs and the pigs are starting to leave now that the old owners feeders are gone. I have built two pens one with 10 panels one with eight panels and put protein feeders inside of them. I have cameras running and I'll be pulling pictures tomorrow and staying the night.

The fence contractor starts tomorrow by mulching and removing trees getting ready for new six strand and gates. Couldn't be any sooner as I already have trespassers and it's easy to tell the locals have been driving in and out of this property for some time now. There's been no signs and no gates for years and it's definitely being abused. Hopefully the new gates in the new fence tells all the locals there's a new sheriff in town LOL.

Yesterday we went to wolfvalley buildings and decided on a Model it will be a 14 by 24 with 8-foot walls gambrel style roof with Lofts hopefully delivered in the next two weeks.

Here are some pics from the road view the two different entrances and a few deer I will get better pictures of the bottoms next trip and addition to the fence guy and the building. What can I do with these new Billboards I have? Freedom of speech make a point maybe just a big TBH sticker!
    Last edited by Spearchunker; 02-07-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Pictures

Here are some pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome stuff! Looks like a great place!

Comment

So are the people in the Ford truck trespassers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            So are the people in the Ford truck trespassers?

Yes. But for now I have to give the benefit of the doubt who knows who's been told they can hunt there over the years fence going in starting tomorrow.

Comment

Hopefully the new fencing sends a message. It's awfully close to Cooke County, Sherwood Shores, and Oklahoma. May have a meth lab fired up in there anytime.

Comment

Met the fence guys there this morning. Forestry mulching has begun.
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congrats! You're doing it up right.

Comment

Man I drive by that place quite a bit. Thought about calling on it when it was for sale. Glad a tbh got it. Some really good deer in the area. Hope you shoot some big ones.

Comment

Ready for a caibin next week.

What is this tree? I have about 3 acres of it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like an elm to me. How much ground did that mulcher cover in a day? I've got to get one out to clean up spots the dozer couldn't get to on my place.

Comment

Looking good, SpearChunker!

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
                              Looks like an elm to me. How much ground did that mulcher cover in a day? I've got to get one out to clean up spots the dozer couldn't get to on my place.
                              ^^^^This, It looks like a winged elm tree. The leaves will be small and have jagged edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
                                Hard to say I had to leave. But a lot more than I expected so far.

$160 hour

Comment

Working...
                                X