Hoyt bow suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoyt bow suggestion

If ya got a $1,000 bucks cash what Hoyt would you buy? Have a friend who is finally getting into bowhunting looking to buy a new bow. Been reading good things about Hoyt. Can you suggest a good smooth bow. He is 6ft 3' thanks!!

Does it have to be Hoyt? Why Hoyt?

It's all about preference in my opinion and I personally like Mathews, my hunting buddy prefers Mathews, and another buddy of mine swears by bowtech.. Let him try em all out, that's how you find out what's best for him..

Comment

Originally posted by HoundDog View Post
      Does it have to be Hoyt? Why Hoyt?

It's all about preference in my opinion and I personally like Mathews, my hunting buddy prefers Mathews, and another buddy of mine swears by bowtech.. Let him try em all out, that's how you find out what's best for him..
      Because Hoyt is a great bow. I have a Z-7 Mathews. Good bow. The question is about Hoyt. And of course he will try it out. Im inquiring regarding engineering aspect. Starting with Hoyt. Mathews is a good bow but have heard really good things about Hoyt thus the question posed. Some of the top guys from Mathews went over to Hoyt for a reason. thanks!

Comment

I would recommend the alphamax 35, but that is also my personal preference Definitely get a larger axle-to-axle with his height.

Comment

Hoyt carbon spyder 34. It's a bad bow. The only other thing to take into consideration is if he like a smaller axel to axel or shorter brace ht. The spyder family is awesome. I have shot a lot of big name bows and I'll only shoot hoyt, but to each his own of course. Good luck

Comment

thanks Cody….looks like a sweet bow.
            Just wanted to share how this bow shoots. Its very quiet and balances very well. Im 30" draw shooting my bow maxed out at 64lbs and a 415 gr. Axis at 275fps.

Comment

Is he wanting a whole setup for that price? I would look at the new faktor. It's a nice bow and handles and shoots well. At his height I would look at the 34 inch ata.

Comment

Faktor is a sweet ride or spyder.
                Or id get a charger. Dang good bow. And use the left over money to rig it out.
                Or use it for a hunt.

Comment

If that was the budget I would go with the Spyder. The Carbon Spyder is my dream bow!

Comment

Have him check Cinnamon Creek. I saw they were having a sell on some of the Hoyt's this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                      Because Hoyt is a great bow. I have a Z-7 Mathews. Good bow. The question is about Hoyt. And of course he will try it out. Im inquiring regarding engineering aspect. Starting with Hoyt. Mathews is a good bow but have heard really good things about Hoyt thus the question posed. Some of the top guys from Mathews went over to Hoyt for a reason. thanks!
                      Sorry, I hunt with a mans bow. Carry on about hoyt. Thanks!

Comment

I'm 6'3" and shoot an Alpha Max 35. With the longer draw lengths our height requires I wouldn't go with a short axel to axel.

Comment

thanks y'all. He is in Bryan. So think he will go talk to Eddie. Been trying to get him to buy a bow for a few years. Hadn't bought a new bow in a few years didn't know what was out there. I think that Spyder sure looks like a really good match and one he should shoot and try out. $1,000 budget is for the bow only. thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoundDog View Post
                            Sorry, I hunt with a mans bow. Carry on about hoyt. Thanks!
                            and i bet your truck is bigger too, and your dad is stronger, and your football team is better....

Comment

Carbon Spyder all the way...although I think they're well over $1000.

Comment

Working...
                              X