X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna try it next weekend!!

Comment

thanks for sharing recipe-never used savory before

The recipe sounds great, never heard of fat side down or using savory before,nice of you to share it.

Comment

Bringing back to top so I don't have to hunt for it again. Going to try cooking a brisquet again. Found my problem from last time. Faulty thermometer. 70 degrees off. Looks like the last one was cooked at 300 instead of 220.
        Attached Files

Comment

The cooking time has nothing to do with weight. I am cooking a 9 inch long piece 3 inches thick. It has been on for 4 hrs and 20 min. and it's internal temp is 167.
          The grill and now the oven are set at 250... ANd it looks like the cooking time depends on thickness and not weight.
          Sleepless in Houston....

Comment

5 Hours and it is up to 174 degrees.

Comment

Off at 10:45 ready to eat at 11:15.

Almost 7 hours,,,,,,,

Comment

Well try two wasn't much better. I bought a 5.5# top cut? It wasnt black this time, but not tender. Cooked for five and half hours, internal temp reached 183. Tough. Does it still need 8-9 hours if it is smaller?

Comment

Hey y'all.. I sent a PM to the OP but he said he doesn't surf the GS as much as he used to so... I hope someone can help me.

I will be attempting this recipe this weekend. I have never smoked a brisket before. I cook and grill all the time but for some reason I am nervous about smoking a brisket.

The cooker I have has an offset fire box. Do I keep my temperature around 225* for it as well? I will be using mesquite wood chunks (store bought). Am i supposed to soak these?

I hope you can help me out. Thanks!

Stephanie

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                    Hey y'all.. I sent a PM to the OP but he said he doesn't surf the GS as much as he used to so... I hope someone can help me.

I will be attempting this recipe this weekend. I have never smoked a brisket before. I cook and grill all the time but for some reason I am nervous about smoking a brisket.

The cooker I have has an offset fire box. Do I keep my temperature around 225* for it as well? I will be using mesquite wood chunks (store bought). Am i supposed to soak these?

I hope you can help me out. Thanks!

Stephanie
                    For me to get my offset pit to 225 I have to run the firebox very hot. Where ever you place the meat needs to be 200 to 225.
                    BTW = 185 internal is too much. I did 160 Sunday and it was great...

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                      For me to get my offset pit to 225 I have to run the firebox very hot. Where ever you place the meat needs to be 200 to 225.
                      BTW = 185 internal is too much. I did 160 Sunday and it was great...
                      Thanks!

Someone said not to open the pit because I'll let the heat out.. How and when am I supposed to check the meat temperature?

Comment

You need a digital thermo with a wire and probe..

Comment

Gathered all the spices minus the savory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336748300.006738.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	24072496

Got him rubbed down and going in the fridge until tonight.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336748315.798364.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	24072497

Comment

Get er done.....

Comment

Well how was it???

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                                Well how was it???
                                I dunno; ask me again in 16 hours when it's done.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336781460.344959.jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	24072639

Comment

Working...
                                X