Fess up, we all know you have done something Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
    Hmm there’s been a few, I locked my keys in the car while me and my gf at the time we’re naked OUTSIDE of the car.

I recently accidentally took a swig of my own pee. The other day I peed in a lemon lime Gatorade bottle and forgot that I did that. Well the next day I took a swig of it and immediately knew the horrific think I’ve done. Instant shame.
    I bet theres an interesting story to that first one.

Comment

I was up in the attic installing some can lighting in my first house. Had the passing thought that I really should take a few minutes to lay some plywood across the joists to stand on. I then decided that was a waste of time - I was young and nimble enough to make my way around tight-roping on the joists. My next mistake was not testing the circuit to make sure I had turned off the right breaker before wiring up the first light. Getting popped by 110 while balancing on a 2x6 equals falling through the ceiling and landing on the dining room table along with about 10 square ft of shattered sheet rock

Comment

I killed a big ol hog one evening. I had my wife with me and she didn't want to ride back to camp with the dead hog behind her so I let her drive the 4 wheeler.
        I thought I would be cute and sit on the hog on the ride back.
        Well them tics and fleas decided I was better company than the dead pig and I was covered in them when we got back to camp.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          I shot a rifle from a inside an insulated box blind without sticking the barrel out the window. It was mounted on a field pod. No hearing protection. After that I couldn't hear well for days and my tinnitus has been much worse ever since. Absolutely one of the dumbest things I've ever done.

I remember something to do with a extension ladder leaned against a tree limb, a chainsaw, and jumping for my life praying I didn't land on the chainsaw. That's all I'm gonna say
          Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 12-07-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
            This is ironic considering the other thread
            Ain't it though.

-john

Comment

I got two---

First, one summer I was up in my tripod with a pole pruner trimming shooting lanes. Finished up, collapsed the pole, wrapped the rope around the pole and then proceeded to throw it like a spear to the ground--BUT---I forgot that curved saw blade. Yep---it was turned towards me and it got me on the side of my jaw below the ear--about 1.5" worth of ragged tear. Felt like someone hit me with a broomstick, and as I sat stunned, I said "Self, why is blood dripping on the stand?" Took my dirty sweaty shirt off and put it on the wound, then said "Self, how you gonna climb down one-handed?" Managed to get down and walk to the truck about 200 yds away and worked up the nerve to take the shirt down and take a look---put the shirt back and drove home. I had to call my advice nurse to get permission to go to the ER or I would have had to pay the bill myself (retired Army) and after the discussion I decided I wasn't driving 32 miles to the army hospital and wasn't gonna pay the bill to use the local ER. Had quit bleeding so wife and I cleaned it up and got the butterflies out and patched it. Healed just fine, no infection, and what's one more ragged scar for a 71 y.o. guy?

#2--my truck was in the body shop and I was hog hunting out of a rental--a Chevy Silverado. Sitting watching the feeder and I look off to the right and see a couple of hogs headed for the feeder, and they were only about 30-40 yds away. Pulled the M70 Featherweight back in from the driver's side window and slowly got on the nearest hog---BOOM! Sort of like Sika not putting the muzzle out the blind window, I didn't have the .22-250 muzzle clear, and a truck cab is small and not a suppressor. Hog dropped and the other one ran off towards the feeder so I quickly repositioned the rifle just in case. Looked back at the one I shot and there was #2 walking down the fence line. Wouldn't you know it, he stopped and offered me the perfect shot, and I am obviously a slow learner as I did a repeat of my previous shot.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                Hmm there’s been a few, I locked my keys in the car while me and my gf at the time we’re naked OUTSIDE of the car.

I recently accidentally took a swig of my own pee. The other day I peed in a lemon lime Gatorade bottle and forgot that I did that. Well the next day I took a swig of it and immediately knew the horrific think I’ve done. Instant shame.
                thats funny right there.

Comment

My oops.. Wasn't paying attention...I've shot several deer out of this stand before..I felt like such an idiot. Missed the cull buck I shot at and ruined a broadhead and an arrow. But a consolation axis doe stepped out, you can see her in the pic.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not enough room left on this page

Comment

i dont have time to write my shenanigans but the first thing that popped in my head when I read the title was the guy on here a few years ago that hit the spray paint can with the axe... I still laugh about that pretty often

Comment

If by "stupid", you mean "awesome"...yeah I got some scar.. er, trophies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

too bad that @ thing don't work, i'd like for a few specific ones to weigh in...

Comment

Those who know how stupid I am, already know how Stupid I am. No need to expand on that number of people.

Comment

I am ashamed to say i shot myself in the foot with a bowfishing rig when i was about 15 or so. It was a low poundage rig but still went right through. I was shooting carp off some cliffy banks hanging over the water and had one foot halfway off the ledge. My line was tangled around the spool at the end of the bow and when i released the bow once the short amount of line that was free became taught the arrow swung down like a pendulum and went clean through my foot. I had to screw off the head and pull it back through.

Comment

Way too numerous to list.

Comment

Working...
                                X