This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I'm not a fan of the rule, but Wilson's was legit (as was his previous one.) Renfro's was somewhat debatable, but hard to argue. I've only seen White's play on twitter via phone, but it looked like a cheap call, at best.

I wouldn't ordinarily care about LSU being "victimized" by such a call, but I REALLY want them to beat Bama. I've been leaning toward picking them in PickEm, but what little chance they may have had is definitely hampered by the loss of White for the half.

I’m rooting for LSU too. I just don’t think Burrow can do enough at QB to score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      I’m rooting for LSU too. I just don’t think Burrow can do enough at QB to score.

"rooting" may be a little strong!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        The targeting call needs to be fixed. I would not be shocked to see the SEC change how they call that penalty internally. Holding and pass interference are subjective calls that are called differently in different conferences and I can see targeting going the same way.
        Its the accidental/incidental contact that bothers me. In some cases their expecting big fast athletes to pull of a ballerina move in a split second to avoid contact.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the idea of Targeting 1 and a Targeting 2 like the NBA has for flagrant fouls. Color guy mentioned it yesterday.

Targeting 1 . Accidental ...5-10 yards... no suspension

Targeting 2 ... intent. Not accidental. 15 yards and 1/2 game suspension like it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I like the idea of Targeting 1 and a Targeting 2 like the NBA has for flagrant fouls. Color guy mentioned it yesterday.

Targeting 2 ... intent. Not accidental. 15 yards and 1/2 game suspension like it is now.
            They can already call Unnecessary roughness, roughing the passer, etc. for 15 with no suspension or "targeting" for penalty/suspension.

I believe I read they called it because the official deemed that he "launched", which I didn't see from the angle I viewed.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

This would be better than what they currently have.

Comment

No one is beating Bama. The only real contest is who gets to play them and get whipped in front of the Nation and claim the number 2 spot.

Bama 38
                LSU 10

Comment

targeting is bogus all together. you cant judge a mans intentions, and to penalize an extra game is loony tunes. call a 15 yard personal foul and move on. no review garbage, no ejections, march it off and get the zebras out of the picture.

Comment

It appears there was no major losses taken on the bye. On to the next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I'm not a fan of the rule, but Wilson's was legit (as was his previous one.) Renfro's was somewhat debatable, but hard to argue. I've only seen White's play on twitter via phone, but it looked like a cheap call, at best.

I wouldn't ordinarily care about LSU being "victimized" by such a call, but I REALLY want them to beat Bama. I've been leaning toward picking them in PickEm, but what little chance they may have had is definitely hampered by the loss of White for the half.
                      I’m with ya, I want Bama to lose, twice.

Comment

The "launch" aspect of the LSU play is immaterial without the helmet contact, which clearly didn't happen. There can be no targeting without the helmet contact. White led with his hands.

Try this analogy: Bullet versus blank. Both have exploding powder; one doesn't hit anything.

Comment

From an article last December regarding targeting:

“The AFCA's Berry said coaches are frustrated that players are ejected for targeting on plays in which they couldn't avoid the type of contact that got him flagged. An example, he said, is when a receiver jumps for a ball. As he comes down, he tends to curl up, and the defender can't get his head out of the way in that "bang-bang moment."

Redding said targeting wouldn't be called if the defender's contact was not forcible. Removing the ejection from the type of play Berry described was discussed, and dismissed, by the rules committee last year.

"The football committee and officiating community cannot be seen backing away from this rule," Redding said. "The game is still under attack. The rule has worked very well. The optics of backing away from this rule would be really terrible, so the committee is not in a mood to do that at all."”

So, they discussed it, but dismissed it. It won’t be long until they completely ruin the game.

Comment

This is funny......

Comment

Well I guess this means I need to stop herding RLB, CoolHandLuke, ETM and Brock..

And 243WSSM back when TCU was winning..
                              Thats a shame. It's so much fun to post something totally off the wall and see which one takes the bait first and if he got hooked in the lip or swalliwed the hook. I guess I'll just watch for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                                We’ve got one sitting the first half for MSU this coming week also.....not to mention, The Ags are the most “targeting” penalized team in the country.

How many have they had now? I was thinking a couple of weeks ago when y’all were saying that someone got flagged that the ags seemed to have a bunch of them.
                                Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                                The "launch" aspect of the LSU play is immaterial without the helmet contact, which clearly didn't happen. There can be no targeting without the helmet contact. White led with his hands.

Try this analogy: Bullet versus blank. Both have exploding powder; one doesn't hit anything.

You know the word launch is one of the qualifiers for the penalty. It’s in the rule.
                                Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                The targeting call needs to be fixed. I would not be shocked to see the SEC change how they call that penalty internally. Holding and pass interference are subjective calls that are called differently in different conferences and I can see targeting going the same way.

The sec doesn’t get to do that. The NCAA tells them how to call that penalty.

What’s bad is instanced like in the Tech-KU game. Guy is making a play on a taller wr who ducks his head. DB gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X