Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    I am headed up to my lease this weekend and it looks like I will be playing in the rain. Looks like the county has gotten rain everyday last weekend and everyday this week so far.
    We were up last weekend and starting Sunday evening we had a constant drizzle for an hour or so the a few other times throughout the night.. it's much needed for sure!

Stinks you'll be working in it, hopefully more play than work! Embrace the cleetchy! Lol

You guys have fun, let us know how it goes!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We are bringing a TV this time so we can stream college football games in the event that the rain is really bad.

Comment

Got a nice slow rain just about all weekend. Still managed to get all our feeders filled, check game cams and got some chores around the camp done. What was really nice was the amount of dove we were able to shoot. Had a really nice hunt Friday evening when the rain subsided. Ended up with 35 between 5 of us which was plenty for us to snack on through the weekend.

Got a few pictures but I am having a hard time uploading them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
          Got a nice slow rain just about all weekend. Still managed to get all our feeders filled, check game cams and got some chores around the camp done. What was really nice was the amount of dove we were able to shoot. Had a really nice hunt Friday evening when the rain subsided. Ended up with 35 between 5 of us which was plenty for us to snack on through the weekend.

Got a few pictures but I am having a hard time uploading them.
          That sounds like a great weekend! Glad you got yall some birds. Did you guys post up somewhere or where you having to move around to find em? We almost had to stalk them on opening weekend in different draws and on field edges etc.. they weren't flying where we were

Comment

Hunted around a caliche (not sure if that is how you spell that word or not....) pit and a water tank. I will admit two of the guys I were hunting with were great shots and were hitting them at impressive distances.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
              We shall see I have the OK from my Uncle to take an elk so that will certainly be the main focus. Hopefully a small guy doesn’t show up first because I’ll probably fling an arrow at the first one I can.

What part of the county are you in? And low fence? Just curious as to where your seeing so many awesome critters! We’re west of Rocksprings, between 377 & 55N.

I always enjoy trying to better understand the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                What part of the county are you in? And low fence? Just curious as to where your seeing so many awesome critters! We’re west of Rocksprings, between 377 & 55N.

Looked at leasing a big place south of Hwy55 and East of 277 over the summer that claimed to have elk. Tons of Axis and Audad I did see when looking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post

SE part of the County and north of Camp Wood. Yes we are low fence and on some spots the fence is dilapidated enough to not be called a fence. I like learning and understanding the different areas too!

Sent from 10,848’ in the Colorado Mtn.

Comment

SE part of the County and north of Camp Wood. Yes we are low fence and on some spots the fence is dilapidated enough to not be called a fence. I like learning and understanding the different areas too!

We are about 15 miles due East of you and a little south and it is quite a different story.

You have/see a lot of different critters on a regular basis and your whitetail numbers seem strong as well.

Yes we have seen everything you post pictures of but our numbers are way way down except for Aoudad which are holding steady.

Crazy to think how different the animal populations are when we are pretty much in the same area.

Comment

Anyone know if the roads are open/safe on 55 from Uvalde to Camp wood? I need to bring some material to my place in the next day or so.

Comment

Good luck on your elk hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by 4xBuilder View Post
                          Anyone know if the roads are open/safe on 55 from Uvalde to Camp wood? I need to bring some material to my place in the next day or so.
                          Roads were good as of yesterday around noon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks bud.

Comment

Anyone have a rain report over the past week.?. it was so dry over the labor day weekend till late sunday

Comment

Almost three inches over the event at my place. Chance for more later this week. Gunna be a slow October with all the lush growth, but it’s good for the critters.

Comment

Working...
                                X