Mosquito repellant for hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosquito repellant for hunters?

First of all, I know all about Thermacells and I think they’re great; once you’re on stand and stationary. I haven’t had good luck with them hanging on my belt while walking: scouting, walking to/from the stand, still hunting, etc. I get ate up unless I’m sitting still with my thermacell or soaked and dripping with deet spray... I used to use “No Stinkin’ Bugs” by Scent Shield, but I can’t find it or a similar product anywhere.

Any ideas? I don’t want to smell like OFF while I’m deer hunting....

Vanilla

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Vanilla

Two drops behind the ear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back up in Michigan we'd always wear long sleeves, light gloves, and sometimes a neck gaiter on our way to our stands/blinds/etc if we knew mosquitoes and other small biting things would be an issue. It'd get a little hot on the way but we'd strip some layers off as soon as we got where we were going.

Comment

Dryer sheet tucked in your belt works pretty well.

Comment

Permithrin

Sawyer at Walmart. Odorless

Comment

Vitamin B1. They’ll land on me but don’t bite. Haven’t had a mosquito bite in 4 years since I’ve been taking it. One day everyday.

Comment

that permrythrin boot and clothes spray works pretty good.

Comment

Another vote for Sawyer’s. Does really well for ticks too.

Comment

I need to try the Sawyer's or the B1. My Thermacell saves me but just walking in is tough with the bugs.

Comment

Repel. 100% deet is all I use.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

A buddy told me he takes yeast pills. Says he front loads for a couple weeks then just takes a normal does through out the season. I have no real world experience with it.

Comment

Go to health food store and get some brewers yeast and mix in gkass,of orange juice. Teaspoon to 1 glass of orange juice. It does work. Glass of it every day. Skeeters won't even land on ya. Only side effect is ur pee will b bright yellow

Comment

thermacell and permrythrin

Comment

Permethrinon sprayed on the night before and some of this on exposed skin right before has worked well for me. Doesn't really have much smell at all when spraying and none there after but works for skeeters and ticks.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X