Question concerning blood on arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, I have been working part time at an Archery shop for the last 10yrs. My question is:

Why do customers show up with a stinking bloody/and or gut shot arrow from the previous year? They need/want more arrows and just happen to bring that particular arrow to measure against the new ones?

It’s been happening more and more frequent the last couple years but this year has been the worst.

Do you think it’s bragging rights?

Look what I did?

A talking point?

Just don’t know any better or a combination?

I guess I’m curious and don’t understand the logic behind it.

1. It freakin stinks
    2. I don’t want to be rude to the customer so I don’t say anything.
    3. It’s not like I run around with rubber gloves in my pocket so I have to end up handling it.
    Come on guys seriously, wash your arrows.

Don’t mean to rant but just don’t understand it, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Lakotah; 09-18-2019, 09:20 AM.

Bragging rights I'm sure. lol

Comment

They are saying hey I shot something! I'd tell them to bring it back when it's clean and I don't want to handle it that way.

Comment

If I worked in or owned a shop and some jakeleg showed up with that, I’d tell tell them to take it right back out of the shop. Clean it and we can work with it. Don’t clean it and you are on your own. Hell the next thing I do after cleaning my deer or pig is clean the broadhead and arrow..

No telling what growing on an arrow after it has dried up
        Last edited by Smart; 09-18-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Gotta get some bowshop cred bruh!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            If I worked in or owned a shop and some jakeleg showed up with that, I’d tell tell them to take it right back out of the shop. Clean it and we can work with it. Don’t clean it and you are on your own. Hell the next thing I do after cleaning my deer or pig is clean the broadhead and arrow..

Agree, except I usually put the arrow and broad head in soapy water before I start on my deer. That way it just rinses off with a little clean water.

Comment

Why would I bring you one of my good arrows

J/k - people just want to look cool

Comment

Maybe they think that since that arrow killed something, all other arrows have to be exactly like it?

Either way, get a bucket of soap behind the counter, and let it soak. Tell them it typically takes 30 minutes for the blood to come off, and you will get them fixed up with some new arrows once it's clean.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                  people just want to look cool

Agreed.....but I must be getting old, because cool is the last thing I think.....LAZY is first..IDIOT is second

That would be like walking into a Academy with a shotshell hull in your pocket and when you pay for your merchandise, you set it on the counter while you get your cash. "Why yes I shot a dove yesterday....why do you ask?" deeeewsh!

Comment

Well at least I’m not the anomaly. thanks Guys, figured that’s what everyone would say.

Comment

I just had a half dozen more made up. Gave the guy a arrow that had never been shot.
                      So, I know it wasn't me!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Agreed.....but I must be getting old, because cool is the last thing I think.....LAZY is first..IDIOT is second
                        !

This

I clean mine ASAP

Always amazes me how much blood can get inside an arrow that has a broadhead tightly screwed against the insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably one of the guys we had on here a couple of weeks ago talking about retiring an arrow if they kill something with it.

Wipe that sucker off, change the blades and keep shooting it. It’s just a reusable bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The arrow should be cleaned if someone is taking it in to a shop. Just my .02

Comment

It’s happened more this year than any other year.

Comment

Working...
                              X