No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba, you really can't regrind except to use as rework. It won't hold up.

I grind my meat through a 3/8" plate, mix it up, grind again through a 3/8" plate, then stuff.

I've also done a single 1/4" grind which works good as well.

Some people add spice to the whole muscles then grind but IMO you don't get a good mix.

Comment

Can't thank you enough for posting those spreadsheets. This was my first attempt at sausage making and it turned out great. Did everything with my wife's kitchenaid so it took a while but I got 8lbs done today. The only thing I changed from your spicy venison and pork recipe was to double the red pepper because we like extra hot and dang, it turned out good

From the hoof to the table nobody's hands but mine have touched this deer. That makes it that much better!

Comment

Travis I sent you a pm, it you read this before the pm, I found the answer. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The Jalapeno and cheese came out great.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00013-20110125-1029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	23973811

Name:	IMG00014-20110125-1205.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	23973812

Name:	IMG00015-20110125-1517.jpg
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	23973813

Name:	IMG00016-20110125-1859.jpg
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	23973814

Thanks for all the great information.

Comment

Any recipes for Sloppy Joe's

My Aunt used to make great sloppy Joe's and I just have a crazing to slap some on some toasted buns

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
              Any recipes for Sloppy Joe's

My Aunt used to make great sloppy Joe's and I just have a crazing to slap some on some toasted buns
              Easy way. 1# beef, Dice 1/4 onion, 1/2 bell pepper, and sauté with meat. Add in about 2/3 cup of ketchup, 2 tablespoons of mustard, and 1 teaspoon of chili powder, and celery powder, and salt and pepper to taste.

Also, shred in 1/2 zucchini. You won't even know it's there and you'll get a serving of veggies.

Comment

Just saw this thread and I will be doing some sausage now. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. And by the way, do you work with O'Higgins?

Comment

I meant to put this on the MC recipe thread, but it found its way on the sausage thread. Either way, thanks for recipes.

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                  Easy way. 1# beef, Dice 1/4 onion, 1/2 bell pepper, and sauté with meat. Add in about 2/3 cup of ketchup, 2 tablespoons of mustard, and 1 teaspoon of chili powder, and celery powder, and salt and pepper to taste.

Also, shred in 1/2 zucchini. You won't even know it's there and you'll get a serving of veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Light View Post
                    Just saw this thread and I will be doing some sausage now. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. And by the way, do you work with O'Higgins?
                    Sure do. Daily

Comment

gotta bring this back up to the top, it's time to start thinking about all the good sausage recipes!

Comment

What's the basic equipment needed to make sausage? Can you make these good lookin' recipes without breaking the bank?

Comment

I bought my grinder on sale at Northern Tool. Can't remember now what I paid for it but reg price is $99. I've used it for three seasons already. I figure after the first batch of sausage it paid for itself. I'm kinda lazy when it comes to buying and measuring the spices so I buy mine pre-mixed from Clifco Spices. The most I have to do is figure out how many ounces to lbs of meat. MC's cooking times are spot on as I'm sure his recipes are too!

Comment

Any recipes for chipotle / jack sausage? I have made your jalepeno / cheddar and it turned out awesome.

Comment

X2 on the Chipolte.... Have some from Bellville at moment and wife loves it.... I have about 40# of meat ready to go....

Comment

Do you have a Venison breakfast pan Sausage recipe?

Comment

Working...
                                X