Rant !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Are you really crying about $2.50 per tire to rotate your tires? If a mechanic makes $30/hr that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not crying....I am Complaining. I have spent more than 3600.00 in the last year with them on 2 sets of tires and other things,and it isn`t a dealership. All of the tires were already off so no extra effort was required to put them back on a different wheel.

YES, I should have checked the bill better, but I had just gotten off work after a 12 hr. shift that started @ 3 a.m. I was tired and just wanted to get home.

I know it was only $10 but that is not the point. A good business practice/model would have been to say that we are not going to charge you for the rotation since we had to take them off and put them back on anyway. Especially for customers you have had for 20+ years.

Comment

What your missing is the fact that they had to pay the smartest guy in the shop to know which tires needed to be moved to front and which ones to back. [emoji16]
      Originally posted by tpack View Post
      Not crying....I am Complaining. I have spent more than 3600.00 in the last year with them on 2 sets of tires and other things,and it isn`t a dealership. All of the tires were already off so no extra effort was required to put them back on a different wheel.

YES, I should have checked the bill better, but I had just gotten off work after a 12 hr. shift that started @ 3 a.m. I was tired and just wanted to get home.

I know it was only $10 but that is not the point. A good business practice/model would have been to say that we are not going to charge you for the rotation since we had to take them off and put them back on anyway. Especially for customers you have had for 20+ years.
      oh look...what is that?

Comment

Wow!

Comment

They had all four of them off all they did was put em different places? That would get under my skin a little.

Comment

Did they balance and rotate? Either way it was 2.50 a wheel which is cheap. I kinda get your point but you must like their work so look at as a tip.

Comment

Eh.......in this day in age $10.00 ain't much especially compared to that $2300.00 bill.

Yea, they had them all off and you probably could have argued them out of it before you paid the bill but......live and learn.

Comment

Most change the itemized amount per repair reguardless of what they were already in there to do. Pizzes me off too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Are you really crying about $2.50 per tire to rotate your tires? If a mechanic makes $30/hr that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This.

I would assume the mechanic doesn't get paid without an itemized description of work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

They’re in the business of making money.

Comment

u already spent $2300. whats another $10???

what did they do to the front end? If the brakes were $300 or even $500, what did they do for $1800? just curious.

Comment

Everybody is so mean

Comment

Seems a little nit picky. It’s too early for me to be good at the maths, but it’s like .0004% of your bill or something. If they charged you $100 I’d be more on your side.

Comment

I see his point. Had my front bearings replaced a few years ago. While they were under there they told me it was time for front brakes. Okay.
                            When I went to pay out the owner of the business noticed they charged me a hundred bucks in labor for he brake job. They had to remove all the pieces for the job they were doing anyway and he took the charge off. I had not even seen the bill.
                            That's the kind of integrity I hope for in a business.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm impressed that your truck is 15 years old with only 140,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                                I'm impressed that your truck is 15 years old with only 140,000 miles.
                                I drive a 1993 Chevy with 160,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X