2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pervis View Post
    They need to go to one app per person, not send a buddy and list 5 more people to get a tag. You should have to go up there in person like I do stand in line and take your chances. It would make it more of a fair way to do things. Well my son's got a youth tag so il be out there trying to help him get one. Thank goodness I own land.
    I'd love to see that, unfortunately it'll never happen

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      none for me again, this is the 3rd year they pulled the number right before or after mine. Don't know why I get my hopes up. Wish I had a hook there like some of the folks who get drawn year after year

0 for 6

That happened for 4 years to me but this year I was lucky

Comment

Drew, found out antlerless is off limits, less excited.

Comment

I'm in the midst of a move and can't find my number...i think it was 156 lol I better call up to the office to check on it

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
            Missed it yet again. 0 for FOREVER.

Thanks again Grapevine USACE. Good thing y'all got going over there. You should be proud of the work you do making it all so very fair and just for all.
            I'm beginning to think ol Larry is pulling the tbh leg over here. Surely you are kidding.

Comment

Wow, I just read that no antlerless can be taken without a MLDP tag...that'll make it harder.

Comment

Why would I kid about that? 517. Not drawn. Can post a pic later if someone feels the need to doubt. I've yet to get drawn since they went to a lottery. Haven't deer hunted Grapevine since the last year permits were first come, first served. I shouldn't complain so much. I have plenty of places to hunt this season. In years past, Grapevine was the only place I had to hunt. I spent a couple of seasons out there, sitting in a tree and feeling very grateful for having such an awesome hunting ground so close to home when I didn't have money for a lease. I have two small leases and even own two acres that I can bow hunt. So my season isn't a bust for not having been drawn again. At this point it's the principle of it all. How does a guy go seven draws and never get drawn? It just doesn't seem right to me. Two or three seems feasible. Missing out every single draw is ridiculous and downright bs.

Enough complaining, though. Good luck to all those that got drawn! I wish you all a safe and fun season. Except for the newbies that will invariably ask where to park, where to walk, where to sit...I'm mad at you. I don't wish you good luck at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  Why would I kid about that? 517. Not drawn. Can post a pic later if someone feels the need to doubt. I've yet to get drawn since they went to a lottery. Haven't deer hunted Grapevine since the last year permits were first come, first served. I shouldn't complain so much. I have plenty of places to hunt this season. In years past, Grapevine was the only place I had to hunt. I spent a couple of seasons out there, sitting in a tree and feeling very grateful for having such an awesome hunting ground so close to home when I didn't have money for a lease. I have two small leases and even own two acres that I can bow hunt. So my season isn't a bust for not having been drawn again. At this point it's the principle of it all. How does a guy go seven draws and never get drawn? It just doesn't seem right to me. Two or three seems feasible. Missing out every single draw is ridiculous and downright bs.

Enough complaining, though. Good luck to all those that got drawn! I wish you all a safe and fun season. Except for the newbies that will invariably ask where to park, where to walk, where to sit...I'm mad at you. I don't wish you good luck at all.
                  That's my point Larry, it so hard to believe, even though it is true. I've been rooting for you every year to get drawn, and disappointed you didn't get in this year.

Comment

Well I didn't get in this year, I can't complain though I had a nice 3 year in a row streak. Best wishes to you all who did get dtawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I don't hunt the 'Vine, or the H, or any of those places "up north," but I check every year to see if he gets drawn. I don't even know the guy and I feel really bad for him.
                      somethings gotta give

Comment

Looks like I didn't draw either. Put I'm forn7 years and have only drawn once. Oh well I've got other places I can hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          Wow, I just read that no antlerless can be taken without a MLDP tag...that'll make it harder.

Where does it say no antlerless can be taken?

Comment

Originally posted by txfrog View Post
                            Where does it say no antlerless can be taken?

This is from tpwd site under Denton county. Mldp tag only for does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                              This is from tpwd site under Denton county. Mldp tag only for does.

Just saw that after I posted...thanks for sharing. I wonder if the corps will be issuing the mldp tags or if it's just no antlerless this year

Comment

I've been drawn for the H four times since GB opened up their draw hunt. It's easier to drawn the H than GV. [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X