No announcement yet.

Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looked, I'm 331 days into a Form 1 Trust wait...should I be worried??

Comment

2 stamps came in check was cashed April 9 2017

Comment

I know a guy who's took 351 days.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Page 3 of your Form 4 has a section titled: "Important Information for Currently Registered Firearms"

It says: "Change of Address: Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the address in item 2a."

Page 2 of your Form 1 has a similar section with slightly different language. It says "Change of Description or Address: The registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the description of the firearms in item 4, or any change to the address of the registrant."

If I were you, I would call my Form 4 dealer first, and see what he says.
          Lots and lots of folks have told me you only need to notify if you move out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Lots and lots of folks have told me you only need to notify if you move out of state.

This is what my trust lawyer said as well. As long as you’re still in Texas, no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              This is what my trust lawyer said as well. As long as you’re still in Texas, no issue.
              Both your "folks" and your lawyer are probably talking about Form 5320.20, which indeed states it only applies to "interstate" moves.

Form 1 and Form 4 were revised after 41F, so you each might want to check with who you talked to and make sure they still feel that way. Form 1 and Form 4 both say the ATF must be notified of "any change to the address." There is no mention of using a special form to do so.

This would of course not apply to items that were filed under Forms that didn't contain this language. Check your form.

Comment

Ahh crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                  Ahh crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  At this point I honestly could care less......I'm at 466 day, what a freaking joke.

Comment

Form 4 was just mailed 1-18-18, we still looking at 6 month wait times?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecobeast View Post
                      Probably gonna be pushed back however long the government shutdown takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecobeast View Post
                        My check was cashed 2/4/17 and I’m still waiting...

Comment

ATF needs to take a page out of the IRS' tax E-filing.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            My check was cashed 2/4/17 and I’m still waiting...
                            Just got the call I am picking mine up tomorrow.

3/15/17 was check cashing

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                              Just got the call I am picking mine up tomorrow.

3/15/17 was check cashing
                              My sbr was like 3 months. I did not expect to be around a year for my can

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                                My sbr was like 3 months. I did not expect to be around a year for my can

When did you do your sbr? I have one going on 8 mo now.

Comment

Working...
                                X