No announcement yet.

Living A Healthy Lifestyle (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm holding on to the progress I made last year... losing 50 lbs, gaining muscle mass & flexibility, peak cardio performance, zero tobacco, minimal alcohol, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and plenty of raw foods.
    I'd like to move away some from processed sugar, which (I think) replaced the alcohol a bit. I'm learning to ask myself if whatever I'm about to ingest is what my body needs, recognizing that I can have some wants sometimes too.
    This year I'm also hoping for more serentiy & peace. I beat myself up a lot and hold myself to impossible standards, which generates feelings of shame that I have pretty much constantly.
    I'd like to move away from that this year... give myself some more slack, and relax in the saddle a bit.

Comment

A buddy of mine, Micah Sauls, (and a couple of his friends) started a "30 Day Pulling Challenge" on FB that has grown nicely. Today is Day 3, but it looks pretty easy to catch up. I'm going to start tomorrow morning and catch up to the rest of the group.

Here's the intro video introducing Micah and the coaches.

Group Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/347151278983274/

I figured some here might like to follow along. Micah is a great guy that has transformed himself and loves to encourage and help others live better and move more.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Here's a couple good quotes to remember....

Comment

I am giving up sweets, fried food, and alcohol for 30 days to see where that gets me. I do crossfit 3-5 days a week and have kinda started slacking in the last few months and I can feel it.
          I took all my measurements and a before picture just to see what can happen in 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx625 View Post
            Lost 100 pounds this past year, no surgery, just eating better and getting off of my but. Down to 233 now, my goal is 200.
            Man..that's awesome! Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
              Need to drop about 35-40 to help joint pain. Am 6' 2" and 250. Food is my problem...i love all food!

Anyone do the juicing thing?

My schedule is coffe for breakfast a great lunch at about 11 and a great supper aT about 6.

Need to get back in rolling BJJ but my schedule is a bummer.

Thinking of learning a healthy way to fast. One that promotes healthy living a spirtual accountablity to God.

Any fasters or juicers?
              I dont have a juicer but i make smoothies just about daily after watching a documentary that i cant remember the name but it was awesome. I use a protein shake as the base and then clean out the fridge with fruits and vegetables and spices in it, just whatever i can find i put in there, sure, I've made some bad ones but also discovered some good combos i would have never thought of... i love em

Comment

Originally posted by Tx625 View Post
                Lost 100 pounds this past year, no surgery, just eating better and getting off of my but. Down to 233 now, my goal is 200.
                Awesome work.

Comment

I am in and hoping to actually stay with it this year. I want to be at around 180 lbs by the end of May. Will start cycling soon and as well as lifting weights. I will attemp to run some once I knock some weight off.

On the eating side, I have had trouble recently as family and the holidays have me over eating. Time to set some goals and stop indulging in food. I just got off the scale and it reads 206.8

Spiritually, I need to get closer to the Lord and I need a lot of help here. Any suggestion on this would be highly appreciated. I plan to start reading the bible and need to find a church that would fit me. I was brought up Catholic but I find no attraction to the Catholic Church.

Best off luck to all joining in trying to improve their health.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                    I dont have a juicer but i make smoothies just about daily after watching a documentary that i cant remember the name but it was awesome. I use a protein shake as the base and then clean out the fridge with fruits and vegetables and spices in it, just whatever i can find i put in there, sure, I've made some bad ones but also discovered some good combos i would have never thought of... i love em
                    You just use a blender?

Comment

Yes sir.. i dont have a fancy vitamix or anything but it is a fairly powerful blender, plus you get all the fiber from the pulp of the fruits and veggies which i like personally! Best one I've ever had...
                      Core Power Banana 26g protein shake
                      1/4 medium apple in chunks
                      1/3 can pumpkin filling
                      little dab of nutmeg
                      big dab of cinnamon
                      blend and it's delicious!

Comment

alright, got 40 mintues in on the elliptical at a high resistance this morning. Going to hit my core this afternoon after work and call it a day. good luck to everybody in their workouts today!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Here's a couple good quotes to remember....

My sore muscles are screaming this at me right about now...again!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Wow, lots to respond to and will try when I get a bit more time. Very glad to see everyone jumping on board and hope everyone sticks around for most of the year.

Yesterday was a brutal cardio workout. Today is upper body and core.

It is all mental...push out the negative and bring in the positive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a great quote Michael. Working out to stay in shape is enjoyable, working out to get in shape is not.

Comment

Wife and I are doing no booze. Have to change up my routine from having a drink after work, will try to add a second workout in or something. No sugar and no processed foods has proven to be a hard couple days. Meal prep is going to be key!

Good luck to everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X