No announcement yet.

Arkansas Semi Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting has been a little slow. We’re seeing young bucks, but not in the legal range. We have two more days to get it done. My buddy did shoot a decent 8 point chasing a doe this afternoon. Going to try new areas tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
        Hunting has been a little slow. We’re seeing young bucks, but not in the legal range. We have two more days to get it done. My buddy did shoot a decent 8 point chasing a doe this afternoon. Going to try new areas tomorrow.

It’s been pretty slow from what I’ve seen the last few days & from most reports I’ve heard. I also think the active/chasing part of the rut is pretty much over in my part of the state. Dry weather and warm temps have kept the acorns good and the deer just haven’t moved much the last several weeks.

We didn’t have much luck this weekend. Only killed 2 on our place and that is VERY unusual! Plenty of deer this year, just strange conditions. Maybe a big one will come by you tomorrow!

Comment

Arkansas Semi Live Hunt

Very little activity this AM. One guy in the camping area shot a nice 9 he said was chasing a doe. That’s all I saw brought in. I hunted along a thicket with plenty of sign this AM, but ended up seeing nothing. Back where we bumped a nice 10 while scouting.

Comment

Evening view

Comment

good luck

Comment

I’ve seen 5 deer so far this afternoon, but all have been in the edge of a thicket.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Used to hunt squirrel in a WMA near Jacksonville where I lived, oh about 25years ago...we could walk to it from the house down some RR tracks...ahh, good Arkansas huntin'...

Comment

Had a 8 and a spike come through. It’s rapidly cooling off. About prime time for a big on to slip up. Have tomorrow’s hunt to seal the deal.

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing after the young bucks last night. Hunting another spot this AM. It stayed warm last night. Will see what moves.

Comment

Slow morning so far. Haven’t heard any shots to speak of. Moved to a new thicket to give it a shot?

Comment

Good luck. I'm about 2 1/2 hours west of Little Rock and it's been a slow start here too.

Comment

Struck out this AM. No one we talked to saw any deer moving. There is some rain moving in this afternoon. It should be done by 3. Hoping they move after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X