No announcement yet.

How far can this go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's just ridiculous how they've screwed up the horns of whitetails!!!!

Comment

everyone denies it but I am of the belief that some of these penned deer are being shot up with steroids

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
        everyone denies it but I am of the belief that some of these penned deer are being shot up with steroids
        I wouldn't bet against it. There's no telling what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
          For sure. Gene splicing of some sort maybe...,not sure if they(whitetail breeders) have made it that far. Its coming though.
          1000" is guaranteed at some point.
          Before long we'll see whitetails with elk antlers, moose antlers, whatever floats your boat, they'll have it.
          Just saw recently, where they took the gene from a spider (the one that causes it to produce silk), and spliced it into a goat. The goat now produces milk , full of silk. They simply seperate it at that point, and commercially produce silk. Unbelievable really, but just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Reminds me of those muscled up body builders that are shot up with steroids, they look gross to me, I would not shoot one of those deer for love or money.

Comment

Does anyone actually find that rack attractive? It looks like they transplanted his balls to his rack to make them grow that big. Absolutely hideous.

Comment

It is freaking ridiculous

Comment

Sad

A whitetail deer was never designed to carry that much antler around

Most elk are not carrying anywhere close to that around

Comment

Unethical, in my opinion. I'd like to see the demand dry up and that industry collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                      Unethical, in my opinion. I'd like to see the demand dry up and that industry collapse.
                      Well said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                        Many many businesses would be out of business if individuals' perception of "unethical" was the only criteria required to shut them down.

Comment

If one o these deer showed up on my place, I would shake a feed bucket, then set it down as the deer was eating from the bucket tie it up then start looking for the owner. I would not shoot it and dang sure would not eat it.

Wonder how many of these deer's meat winds up with Hunters for the Hungry?

To me the 2 most impressive whitetails were killed in 1890s and 1900s the Brady buck and Jordan bucks were very impressive and I bet natural.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                            Many many businesses would be out of business if individuals' perception of "unethical" was the only criteria required to shut them down.
                            Correct, which is why I stated that I'd like supply and demand to be the cause of the industry's collapse. In the meantime, I won't miss an opportunity to call it what I believe it is - an unethical practice that's a dark, greasy stain on deer hunting.

Comment

Not really my cup of tea, I don't know that I could excited to hunt a deer like this

Comment

I'd shoot it if it walked out in front of my stand. I prefer a typical 8, 10, or 12 point but no doubt about it, I would shoot.

I wouldn't eat the meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X