Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazy horse View Post
    sorry, i'll reply to ya later...

But i've got to hurry over to sunnyside...
    Guy from craigslist said he'll pay me double as advertised for my gold watch if i get there before 3am...

there's a dunkin doughnuts down the street, so i should be safe!
    😂

Comment

cops are not the problem here

Comment

Dang, that terrible, Hopefully it will turn up.

Comment

Screw the 4 wheele4, I'm glad you and your family are safe. Ain't nothing sunny about Sunnyside, especially where you were at. Jutland rd, Herschelwood st, and Myrtlewood st (aka "Murderwoods") are invested with crime and gangs

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I really gets to me that when a person vents their frustrations, all the worms come out and start dumping on them. He has just lost something and is pizzed that a police officer didn't give a ratsazzz about trying to find it. OK, it wasn't a murder, shooting , rape, or whatever. The cop is still a public servant on the job. I know how the OP feels. Had my truck stolen and the cop continued to ask me if I had loaned it to someone. I'm standing there, keys in hand, with my family and a cart full of building supplies.. Frustrated, ya dang right.

Comment

Bummer this happened. It seems to me if the police require identifying information, your recently paid off loan paperwork, or original title should have all of that. You should be able to take that to the police, file a report and let them do what they do.

Surely you have some sort of paperwork still in hand you could give them. Did you hand over the title before the test drive? Again, sorry this happened, and glad everyone came out ok.

Comment

You need to also report the incident to Offerup. It probably won't get your 4 wheeler back but they will take that guy off the site. Good luck getting your 4 wheeler recovered. Sorry to see your thread got so off topic here.

Comment

Op hope you learned a few lessons here.
                  1 Cops have like a 4% recovery rate on ATV's, don't expect much.
                  2 Don't badmouth LEOs on this forum
                  3 Dont trust sketchy people period, especially in sketchy parts of town
                  4 Your wife was with you? Holy hell man. Its 2017. Any face to face needs 2 things, a gun and someone competent to use it. Don't put your wife at risk!
                  IMHO

Comment

Dang...tough pill to swallow.

Comment

Houston Police Department set up a program specifically because of stuff like this. You can meet people at the police station to buy and sell items.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ng-6491730.php
                      Last edited by WItoTX; 08-11-2017, 06:04 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Offer up is notorious for these same types of thefts, some which turn violent quickly. I would never use that site for any type of transaction, unless it was on my terms where the meet takes place. 90 percent of the time when you tell these folks, cool lets meet. The police department is located at such and such address, lets meet there.

They will say "cool" and most likely never show. If they do, probably a legit transaction will take place. If they dont show, you know you were the target. Same goes for meeting people to buy stuff from. Those are the ones where they know you have cash on hand, and can turn south real quick. Tough lesson to learn, and hope you get the bike back.

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                          Yea I hope so to we honesty should have met where we live police are way better staffed but at this point it makes no difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          One of your local PD says to meet at their command center to do the transaction. They will oversee the transaction. They say when you tell the potential buyer that you will meet them at the PD all the crooks drop off the radar quick. This is the Fulsher PD west of Houston.

Well sorry didn't see so many other of the same advice above before posting this. Sorry for your loss.

RD

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                            Sorry for your loss. I really gets to me that when a person vents their frustrations, all the worms come out and start dumping on them. He has just lost something and is pizzed that a police officer didn't give a ratsazzz about trying to find it. OK, it wasn't a murder, shooting , rape, or whatever. The cop is still a public servant on the job. I know how the OP feels. Had my truck stolen and the cop continued to ask me if I had loaned it to someone. I'm standing there, keys in hand, with my family and a cart full of building supplies.. Frustrated, ya dang right.
                            yea seems to be a lot of confusion on my trying to blame the cops which isnt true its the fact of the fact that it just had happened and the guy was probably in the neighborhood still but by the time they got all my info and all the other stuff it was already 45 minutes before they even started to patrol

Comment

Yea I had all my info and once they got it verified it they started the patrol and then logged it in the nation wide data base if it does come up somehwere

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                                Well we just purchased a used ranger so we had no need for the ATV anymore. We still are paying on it so we decided to sell it pay off the Loan and so be it. Well my wife used the app OfferUp to sell it and we got a few responses and we had one for our exact price so a few days went by of messages back and forth we set for today at 12 at the park. Well we get there waited bout 15 minutes he walks up. Black male bout early 20s walks up on the phone . Original deal was he was gonna pay full price but grandma and mom were splitting it for a gift and they were almost there. So he walks around it I turn it on for him at this point it's still on the trailer then he asks to test drive it. I had my doubts but iv done these kind of deals before and almost always they want to test drive before they pay which is understandable. But that was my mistake was trusting him needless to say he drove it around the parking lot then bolted and took one of the streets and never saw him look back
                                Um.
                                Edit.. not gonna dump on you.

Thieves suck.
                                Last edited by systemnt; 08-11-2017, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X