Be Careful out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be Careful out there

Had our 4 wheeler stolen today as we were trying to sell it in broad daylight. Should have known better as it was a rough part of town by grimes park on reed rd. Not trying to knock the cops but the HPD we dealt with today was absolutely worthless.

Curious as to how it all went down? Glad you are safe though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well we just purchased a used ranger so we had no need for the ATV anymore. We still are paying on it so we decided to sell it pay off the Loan and so be it. Well my wife used the app OfferUp to sell it and we got a few responses and we had one for our exact price so a few days went by of messages back and forth we set for today at 12 at the park. Well we get there waited bout 15 minutes he walks up. Black male bout early 20s walks up on the phone . Original deal was he was gonna pay full price but grandma and mom were splitting it for a gift and they were almost there. So he walks around it I turn it on for him at this point it's still on the trailer then he asks to test drive it. I had my doubts but iv done these kind of deals before and almost always they want to test drive before they pay which is understandable. But that was my mistake was trusting him needless to say he drove it around the parking lot then bolted and took one of the streets and never saw him look back

Comment

No test drives without cash in hand . Sadly this happens often. And always have some else with you to count the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
          Well we just purchased a used ranger so we had no need for the ATV anymore. We still are paying on it so we decided to sell it pay off the Loan and so be it. Well my wife used the app OfferUp to sell it and we got a few responses and we had one for our exact price so a few days went by of messages back and forth we set for today at 12 at the park. Well we get there waited bout 15 minutes he walks up. Black male bout early 20s walks up on the phone . Original deal was he was gonna pay full price but grandma and mom were splitting it for a gift and they were almost there. So he walks around it I turn it on for him at this point it's still on the trailer then he asks to test drive it. I had my doubts but iv done these kind of deals before and almost always they want to test drive before they pay which is understandable. But that was my mistake was trusting him needless to say he drove it around the parking lot then bolted and took one of the streets and never saw him look back
          Lmao!, but it ain't funny !!! That's pretty bold, but not surprising

Comment

Well really couldn't do much in this situation had a trailer with a welder also on it with my wife and baby in the truck kind of a crappy situation all around

Comment

Have to have his contact information, email, phone #, why would the police not use that to find him?

Comment

Do you live by the area if so go by the warehouses on reed road and 288 on Sunday or Wednesday night they usually hang out there . There's a big ride coming up if you post pics of the 4 wheeler I can look out for it .

Comment

Well with the app it has it's on messenger inside the app so we really had no info other than his screen name and the few messages but my problem was they told me they couldn't do anything unless they had a serial number make and model in hand so we spent an extra 30 minutes that is valuable time if something is just stolen to wait to get them that info

Comment

I don't even know what to say... smh.

Comment

And they wonder why...

Comment

That's crazy!

Comment

Reed rd? Glad youre still alive. Police dont have a magic tracking device unless you have lo-jack. Theres not enough officers for robberies, rapes, child abuse. Much less thefts. Blame the budget.

Comment

Put your ranger up for sale the same way and $20 the DA will call and want to buy that one to meet him at the park with the dog in the truck if he is walking cant be to far, would be fun to watch

Comment

Mud bug tires and the toggle switch on the right side that no other brute force will have because I added that switch for underglow lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X