Ramcat clearance???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramcat clearance???

Does my arrow need to be 3" longer than normal so I don't hit my riser or cut my fingers off?

When I draw, the blades come dangerously close to my hand. And my insert is past the riser. Anyone else ever notice this? I dang sure wouldn't want to shoot with an open hand.

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
    Does my arrow need to be 3" longer than normal so I don't hit my riser or cut my fingers off?

When I draw, the blades come dangerously close to my hand. And my insert is past the riser. Anyone else ever notice this? I dang sure wouldn't want to shoot with an open hand.
    I had to go from 28" to 30" to shoot them. I did run one across my finger too!

Comment

I just rotated them so that the blades wouldn’t hit the riser and just made sure my finger wouldn’t get chopped off in the process

Comment

Never had any problems with either the 100 grain or 125 grain out of a High Country Speed Pro or an Obsession Def Con 6.

Comment

I'm shooting an Obsession Phoenix and my arrows are long enough to stay past the riser but the RC blades nearly touch my closed hand.

I put 6 nib pks up for trade in the classifieds!

Comment

Honestly guys, I am having trouble seeing these heads being close to your hands when drawn. Maybe I am doing it wrong after 40+ years of doing this archery deal, but no BH I have ever shot has come close to my hand, either that or it has never really bothered me or I never noticed, especially with the full capture rests in use today.

Am I wrong, misinformed or stupid in my thoughts? Please explain or show me if I am wrong.

Comment

I've been doing this for 30 years and these are the first I've had close.
              The blade is less than 1/2" from my closed knuckle.

Comment

i shoot 28 and i cut my arrows to 29- ramcat will creep back a hair further than other heads.. it just adds more wt to arrow which im ok with.
                these are the best heads made in my opinion, worth the hassle of adjusting your setup

Comment

I shoot arrows cut 1” past rest. I bought a pack at Walmart at their clearance price. Went to test them on last hog hunt and they where waaayyyy too close for me to shoot. And I’ve shot 1 1/4” 3 blades before. I never shot one and killed hog that evening with slick trick mag. I won’t shoot them with arrows I have. Probably sell or trade them

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    Honestly guys, I am having trouble seeing these heads being close to your hands when drawn. Maybe I am doing it wrong after 40+ years of doing this archery deal, but no BH I have ever shot has come close to my hand, either that or it has never really bothered me or I never noticed, especially with the full capture rests in use today.

Am I wrong, misinformed or stupid in my thoughts? Please explain or show me if I am wrong.
                    Maybe he's using an old school overdraw

Comment

Which ramcat you shooting? They make 2 (at least). Close don’t bother me either but these weren’t safe. I wasn’t worried about fingers as much as catastrophic damage at riser impact. They were so close that any form or torque issue at all in a hunting situation would have possibly been bad

Comment

I have shot the 100's and now shoot the 125's without any problems and have no clearance problems with fingers or risers.

Comment

I'm shooting the 1.5 inch 125's from a Expedition Eccentric with a QAD rest. The BH comes to rest over the riser and while close it doesn't touch. I clock mine so that one blade is at 6 o'clock.

While close, I've never felt it's close to the riser or my hand. Not enough to be in fear of damage or injury.

I've shot this BH from a PSE DNA and a couple of other with no issues.

Comment

These are 100gr 1 3/8" out of an Obsession Phoenix.
                            They won't clear the riser. Arrow must go past the riser over an inch. And then blades still dangerous close. Too close for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                              These are 100gr 1 3/8" out of an Obsession Phoenix.
                              They won't clear the riser. Arrow must go past the riser over an inch. And then blades still dangerous close. Too close for me.
                              Honestly, to me that is the bow/riser design more than anything. I have great clearance on the 2 bows I have shot the 125 grain heads out of. If possible, I will take pictures of the bow at full draw to show my clearance on my Obsession Def Con 6 and my hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X