No announcement yet.

Freak Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a yearling doe with the exact same thing, no idea what is was from.

Comment

If it was from a broken nose I would think you could tell when you have the euro done. There should be some evidence of the break and where it healed.

Comment

We had several that looked the same. Once we killed them we haven't had another one in 2 years. They do make cool euros though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ddcainjr View Post
          My wife went with me to the lease this weekend for her first hunt ever. She got a decent 8 for her first deer on Saturday evening. On Sunday evening we had a freak come out and she took him.

I have never seen this buck before, but there is an older buck with the same deformity that hopefully will not make it through the season.

Here he is on the hoof:
          [ATTACH]888573[/ATTACH]

This is the older buck with the same issue:
          [ATTACH]888582[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]888583[/ATTACH]

We are getting a euro done and keeping the lower jaw attached.
          [ATTACH]888579[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]888580[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]888581[/ATTACH]

He was 3.5 and had a small body, about the size of a 1.5 year old out there. I'm really glad she took this one out of the herd.

What county? I have a picture of a buck this summer that looks very similar to your deformed buck.

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
            What county? I have a picture of a buck this summer that looks very similar to your deformed buck.
            Schleicher county

Comment

Originally posted by ddcainjr View Post
              Schleicher county
              Close, but not close enough. We are in Real co.

Comment

He would have died of old age where we hunt. Wish we could take deer like that in Houston Co.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

crazy look to em.

Comment

We ended up getting the 8 point pictured above and a doe with the same issue. Three deer this year. Hopefully we don't have too many more running around.

Comment

We've had 3 or 4 on our place that I know of just like that.

Comment

I have seen a buck and killed a doe that had the same thing. I call them "anteater nose deer".

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          His family tree didn't fork.
                          I'm going with this...he thought his sister/mother was too good to pass up during the rut....

Comment

It is a fairly common occurrence in some areas... Not sure what the formal name is but our biologist called it Parrot Nose... We killed a couple out west South of Del Rio... Most often they do not survive their first year as they cannot chew their cud if the deformity is too severe, and almost always when one is killed especially if it is a buck, it's a young deer or a stunted growth deer because of their lack of properly digesting their food...

Comment

I'm thinking he stood up when he should've shut up!! Took an arse whoopin at the feeder one night. or what slick said...........both are viable theories.

Comment

Hit by a car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X