No announcement yet.

East Texas Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would consider dumping that old feed and refill with fresh. Maybe mix in some corn or BB2 if you want.

Comment

I was using Antlermax with buck candy mixed in

I have one pic of a hog sniffing the feeder. I guess that is not so bad but I would think something would eat some of it

I will dump what is in it and see what other brands I can locate close to me
      May check with the feed store here and see what they can get too

Comment

my east texas deer didnt like antler max flemings in lindale can get some lone star brand protein i know and the one academy sells in tyler has worked for me I live in lindale as well and agree anything other than antler max is hard to come by

Comment

Originally posted by Possum9 View Post
          if they keep eating at the rate they are right now I won't be able to afford it.
          That's their marketing plan. Get deer to eat twice as much.

Comment

I use blue bonnets outfitters deer pellets. I get it here in Tyler and then a place in Jefferson closer to my lease. I had trouble with the antler max but my deer hammer the blue bonnet brand. Its 20% protein and only 11.50 a sack. I did have trouble getting my deer use to it, but a little corn mixed with it and they went to it no problem. Another mistake I made was I had the tubs to high which I should have known better but didn't pay much attention to. Once I cut my feeder legs the intake increased even more. I have never had luck with antler max around her. I also use the Northeast Texas Farmers Coop for bulk buys and the deer take to the blend they offer really well.

Comment

A long, but good read on deer protein:

Comment

Working...
              X