No announcement yet.

Deer jerky..... Nothing says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Smart - I'm going to try this at the Iowa farm this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Sure....super simple and folks seem to really like it....

I use Allegro Marinades you can get at Walmart Superstore or any major grocery store and each bottle is about $2.50 located near the BBQ sauce. Simple easy and delish! I prefer the Hickory Smoke and the HotnSpicy personally.

-For 10-15lbs I use 3 bottles of Hickory Smoke and 1 HotNSpicy..... or 2 and 2.

-Sliced deer across the grain (muscles fibers) in 1/8-1/4" slices

-Place in big bowl with all bottles of marinade, mix thoroughly making sure you have good coverage.....I marinade for at least 8-12 hours but prefer 24ish if I have the time. The longer the better imo. Mix by hand after 30 minutes to get it ready to sit

-Mix by hand every 4-6 hours or so as well if you can.....Do it at lease once

-Place on dehydrator, sprinkle red pepper and/or restaurant grade black pepper to taste and let the dehydrator do it's thing.

Remember when adding the pepper, the meat will shrink but the pepper quantity and heat will not.. Don't over do it. If you hang from your oven racks to dry, add pepper before running through picks or skewers..

Here is a pic of the Allegro marinades...

I saw your post on this last year. I tried it for the first time and it was really good. Looking forward to experimenting with it again this year. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Thanks smart. That looks really tasty.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

Smart have you tried the allegro fajita and brisket marinade. It's pretty good. Albertsons in Corinth has it. Used to marinate some bacon wrapped burgers last week they came out awesome

Comment

Yes Sir!!!!

People think I am crazy when I tell them I cut jerky meat first when processing a deer. I take the best choice, leave the rest for sausage/hamburger.

Comment

How thick are the pieces and what temp and amount of time do you like to cook them for.

Comment

Just saw. Dehydrator. Never mind. Looks tasty!

Comment

Jerky making rookie question. What is the amount of time in the dehydrator?

Comment

Ditto the length of time in the dehydrator. And tag for trying this.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe.
                        I've got one that I use but have been wanting to try a new one. I've got 30 lbs of nilgai already cut up in the freezer.

Comment

Since no one else has asked......about how long in the dehydrator?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Since no one else has asked......about how long in the dehydrator?
                            Till it is done to your liking would be my guess......

Comment

Recipe looks good. I put mine in the smoker at 165* till done using the high mountain kits. Turns out great and is a very affordable way to process your deer meat.

Comment

Yum ! Hungry now ! This and summer sausage. Don't have to worry about the wife it's the daughter I have to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                                X