DIY - 4 Solar, Motion Sensor, Green or Red Feeder Lights (Hogs) for $39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not have a picture of this lit up on my feeder yet. I will try to get a picture tonight.

But here it is mounted.

I do have a picture of one I mounted on the back of my metal building. They are quite bright.

Can only find these lights in sets of two or four. If you only buy two the lights are $12 each. If you buy for they're roughly eight dollars each.

Here are the links to the lights

Or

And here is the link to the clear-lay film from Hobby lobby.

Not bad for $10 a feeder, gonna put up a 2nd

Comment

Dang those are bright.

Comment

Brighter than I expected, for sure

Comment

Good deals, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chino View Post
            Good deals, thanks

I thought it was a pretty decent deal.

Hope to start putting it to use soon, but haven't seen hogs at my place much in the last several months.

That's ok, I'm ready now

Comment

I've actually use those lights for a couple years they do work great one thing to expect is the raccoons are going to bend those lights up and down and eventually the bracket is going to break And unfortunately because the raccoons are standing on top of the light which also is the solar panel they tend to get dirty very easily and then it'll stop recharging definitely have some Windex and some paper towels with you But other than that they've worked great for two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ynotdrum View Post
                I've actually use those lights for a couple years they do work great one thing to expect is the raccoons are going to bend those lights up and down and eventually the bracket is going to break And unfortunately because the raccoons are standing on top of the light which also is the solar panel they tend to get dirty very easily and then it'll stop recharging definitely have some Windex and some paper towels with you But other than that they've worked great for two years.

Good to hear

Thanks for the info/tips

Comment

great, easy DIY. any input on if it bothers deer/hogs? looking to do the same thing you did. also, does it mess with trail cameras being part dark out and part light?
                  Last edited by EastTexasTiger; 02-08-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
                    great, easy DIY. any input on if it bothers deer/hogs? looking to do the same thing you did. also, does it mess with trail cameras being part dark out and part light?

According to others, the hogs will get used to the light. Not sure about deer.

Can't answer the trail cam question yet. Someone else can answer or I should have some pics soon

Comment

No the lights have never messed with my deer or my hogs but you do want to make sure the light is not pointing towards the camera because it will produce some weird pictures

Comment

Nice setup

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
                          Nice setup

Thnx

Comment

just ordered 4! love the green screen!

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
                              just ordered 4! love the green screen!

With the clear-lay film you can go red also

Comment

Working...
                              X