TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
    I need to get another beam made. Could you send me a pic of yours you made again lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I have a big piece of pipe I can cut you one out of . I will send you a pic tomorrow. I am going to make a new one too.

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
      Here Kitty, Kitty......
      I am hoping I don't catch any Kitty's until they prime up a bit. Coyotes seem to be on the move so I will take all of them I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
        I have a big piece of pipe I can cut you one out of . I will send you a pic tomorrow. I am going to make a new one too.
        Sounds good to me I appreciate it

Comment

Hey tuco caught that female in a dirthole. Ib e caught more in dirt holes this year then ever

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post

I am hoping I don't catch any Kitty's until they prime up a bit. Coyotes seem to be on the move so I will take all of them I can.
            No lure with skunk in it if that's the case.

Comment

Any tips for a new guy that wants to learn how to trap ? I got a fox and cat problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey tuco caught that female in a dirthole. Ib e caught more in dirt holes this year then ever
                Good Deal!

I guess I should try more flat sets this year and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                  Good Deal!

I guess I should try more flat sets this year and see what happens.
                  Never hurts

Comment

Honey badger looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      Any tips for a new guy that wants to learn how to trap ? I got a fox and cat problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      You'll probably get a lot of advice from these guys, but also get on the interweb, lots of info out there. Trapping.com, wolfernation, and several others. Gray fox are pretty easy, cats aren't much harder you just need to be where they want to be. Learn to recognize "the edge", predators hunt and travel edges, that space between the road and brush, or the uphill side of the draw and heavy brush, etc.
                      The number one thing to do is to learn to bed a trap to be solid in its bed, no movement whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                        You'll probably get a lot of advice from these guys, but also get on the interweb, lots of info out there. Trapping.com, wolfernation, and several others. Gray fox are pretty easy, cats aren't much harder you just need to be where they want to be. Learn to recognize "the edge", predators hunt and travel edges, that space between the road and brush, or the uphill side of the draw and heavy brush, etc.
                        The number one thing to do is to learn to bed a trap to be solid in its bed, no movement whatsoever.
                        I agree. The main thing I look for instead of just slinging traps out is find sign scat tracks whatever set on that. Alot of times I won't set a trap unless I find sign. Other times it's a gut feeling for me but the more you read sign an see what the animals tell you the better you will be

Comment

Hell of a start, Tuco.

Comment

We were down at the ranch about a month ago and I put out 4 coyote sets. Nada. I always have to be right on them when I set or get no action because of the short time duration with traps in the ground.
                            I just set where I had catches or visits in the past and paid little attention to actual sign. Mistake, of course.
                            I did get 3 coons, though, on DPs.

Comment

So far it's been good but I like to show the lil guys

Excellent.

Comment

Great start and awesome pics James! Looks like your going to blow last year's numbers out of the water. You need to come out and show me how it's done...we lost 75% of our fallow fawns this year. I can share the hell out of em but can't get em in a foot trap.

Comment

Working...
                                X