No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a weekend! He may score the least but the buck you rattled in has character for days!

Comment

Awesome hunts!

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
        that last buck is awesome rusty! Nothing like killing an old old old buck with an attitude!

How are your weights looking this year? Its been a year since the stressful floods....It looks like the bucks you are harvesting are in great condition.
        Bucks are running 210-240. I think weights are down a bit which is surprising considering the wet summer and everything we have shot is 4+

Comment

Looks like a heck of a weekend. Congrats to all the hunters

Comment

Awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is some battle tested old warriors right there! Congrats! And there is nothing like seeing the kids pulling the trigger on one. Looks like it is going to be a wet rest of the week!

Comment

Congrats on all the great bucks!

Comment

Sometimes things just work perfectly. For a lot of reasons I wasn't able to get chicken litter out earlier this summer. Finally it dried enough and i was in position to get litter this week . Hired a spreader and got 4 loads spread yesterday. Afer nearly 2 months of no rain it started raining last night and so far we have over 2". That ought to light things up!

It's often what we do in the fall that determines what our bucks look like next season!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                    Thought some of you might find this interesting. This buck has an antler growing out of his eye! I've been watching him all summer wondering if/when he might die. My best guess is that he damaged his pedicle last year...probably fighting..and a part of antler has grown down and out through his eye. He also had a 5-6" drop tine growing from his left base which he has broken off.

Open to any other theories???
                    Need more pics of this one. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                      Sometimes things just work perfectly. For a lot of reasons I wasn't able to get chicken litter out earlier this summer. Finally it dried enough and i was in position to get litter this week . Hired a spreader and got 4 loads spread yesterday. Afer nearly 2 months of no rain it started raining last night and so far we have over 2". That ought to light things up!

It's often what we do in the fall that determines what our bucks look like next season!
                      How many tons of chicken litter do you put per acre?

Comment

There are hazards to logging!

I'm thinning a couple hundred acres of mostly hardwood and came on this today. Tough business
                        Attached Files

Comment

Heres what it looks like with tree removed. Blessings that no one was in truck
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow some great bucks! Love the pictures...especially the kids!!
                            What an incredible place you have! Your hard work has paid off in spades.

Congrats!

Comment

Wow! That stinks for the truck. Glad no one was in it.

Comment

Built Ford tough!

Comment

Working...
                                X